Overdrive channel gets muddy

Ok so I’m using my Axe FX II XL as an effects processor via the 4 cable method...also have a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher for changing amp channels....everything works fine and as it should however anytime I use an effect after the effects loop and I’m on my overdrive channel the overdrive becomes very muddy and it just loses it clear overdriven sound....

Is there a setting I’m missing?
Do I have a level off somewhere?
Is my effects loop in my amp having issues?

I can use any effect after the loop block when on clean channel and it’s beautiful but when I switch to overdrive channel and turn on an effect it just gets muddy and lose that clear overdrive sound....

Suggestions anyone

Probably should be posted in the a Axe Fx II Discussion forum. Not related to Midi controllers...

What effects are you adding after the effects loop?

I don't use 4CM, but I think all the effects should either be before the amp input or in the loop.

Try posting a preset (or a screenshot from Axe Edit).

I'll "report" the thread so it can be moved to the right forum.

Probably should be posted in the a Axe Fx II Discussion forum. Not related to Midi controllers...

What effects are you adding after the effects loop?

I don't use 4CM, but I think all the effects should either be before the amp input or in the loop.

Try posting a preset (or a screenshot from Axe Edit).

I'll "report" the thread so it can be moved to the right forum.
Damn, I just don’t know how to navigate through the forums and where to post questions....the other one about the controller somebody had to send me the link for where to post that....

Before the loop block are a compressor.....wah.....phaser.......overdrive.....
After the loop block are....delays...chorus....any modulation effects really....

If I turn off any effect post looper the overdrive is great but just one effect gets turned on and then the overdrive gets muddy as hell.....

So your just running everything through the effects loop?

Damn, I just don’t know how to navigate through the forums and where to post questions....the other one about the controller somebody had to send me the link for where to post that....

Before the loop block are a compressor.....wah.....phaser.......overdrive.....
After the loop block are....delays...chorus....any modulation effects really....

If I turn off any effect post looper the overdrive is great but just one effect gets turned on and then the overdrive gets muddy as hell.....

So your just running everything through the effects loop?
I don't use a real amp... The Axe Fx does everything I need. ;)

What amp are you using? Does it have a series or parallel loop? Any loop level control on the amp?

Post a preset here - somebody will help.

O
I don't use a real amp... The Axe Fx does everything I need. ;)

What amp are you using? Does it have a series or parallel loop? Any loop level control on the amp?

Post a preset here - somebody will help.
older Yamaha T100 with the Soldano mods done to it.....parallel effects loop...no level control....

Will get a patch picture when I get back to our rehearsal space this weekend...didn’t feel like packing everything up the other day and drag it back home lol....

nothing fancy though, just a straight forward patch with all effects in a single row and an effects loop block splitting the modulation effects from the wah, compressor and overdrive.....

Back
Top Bottom