Recording with iPhone?

Skitch69

I'm curious as to the best way to use my Ax8 and my iPhone my do some recording.
Nothing fancy, just to make a decent sounding quick scratch guitar track.
I know there's a few options out there like Garageband that I can use to make something, but I don't want to use the build in amp models in the app.
Are there any iPhone compatible devices that I can run straight from the ax8 into my iPhone, and also recommended apps to use for the recording?

I don't mind spending some cash on a portable audio interface like those, just as long as I can use the ax8 for all my tones and not the crappy ones built into some of the apps.

And you use that to record from the ax8 to an iphone or ipad? What app are you using to record?
Yes! To record a video, just connect the iRig Pro and launch the iPhone "Camera" (sound comes directly from AX8 and simultaneously captures the image). To record multi-tracks, mix, etc...GarageBand works great.

I'm curious as to the best way to use my Ax8 and my iPhone my do some recording.
Nothing fancy, just to make a decent sounding quick scratch guitar track.
I know there's a few options out there like Garageband that I can use to make something, but I don't want to use the build in amp models in the app.
Are there any iPhone compatible devices that I can run straight from the ax8 into my iPhone, and also recommended apps to use for the recording?
To be clear, you DO NOT have to use the Amps in Garageband. You simply use the "MIC" track, and play away. The nice thing about GB on your iPhone is you can multi-track your ideas if you like.

Back
Top Bottom