FAMC Liquid Foot+ Axe-Fx III support

Really excited for this. My current LF setup works great and probably won’t change very much, but I’m really looking forward to seeing my preset names, and tuner display.

Didn't think I'd be jealous of a mac owner again :)
Hopefully soon doesn't mean another 2 weeks...
Please let us know what you think of the new firmware and editor.

Hmmm. Downkoaded the Editor file (I didn't find a firmware-only link). Errors whether I try to open the DMG file or upload via the current editor. Anyone else have any luck?

Last edited:
I managed to update the LF mini to 6.00 , but it would not connect to the new editor after that, I didn’t have time to troubleshoot so i hope i just need to restart the mac and the device. Will try tomorrow.

I downloaded and installed the new LF+Jr+ firmware. I didn’t have much luck using the new editor to updates pages. The LF software has never been intuitive. :) I need to spend more time testing tonight.

I got it working.

Tuner works. Preset names are synced from AF3 to the main LF LCD. However, I have a preset select page that displays 6 presets and I cannot get the preset names to sync unless I step on a preset switch. Scene names DO sync.

I installed it. Had major issues and pedal non-responsive, expander not recognized, etc.

Decided to create a fictious programming file, with 4 songs, 8 presets (some songs re-using the 8 presets and using song button labels to change the names of the LF presets I was pulling from). And put them into a set list.

All button and expander functionality was restored.

My guess is, that, the V6 is totally overhauled and handling tasks from a different method, and it might not be able to convert my old programming (very complicated). So, I will be on a 3-week long business trip, and occasionally work on reconstructing my configuration from a clean slate V6 file.

I reported a few minor issues I observed, to FAMC and to Jeff directly. It remains to be seen whether we will see a beta2 today or soon, or whether it will be weeks/months.

I like the new IA slot builder and colors columns. Pretty neat.

Thanks

Attachments

• LF+ 12+_00_2018_11_18(09-50-35).syx
    611.3 KB · Views: 8
Updated both editor and LF mini+ to 6.00.
I do not get any 2-way communication. I can control Axe fx 3 , but get no preset names or other stuff from axe. Im using a phantom power box with both midi in and out connected, tried different cables still only one way communication. I Enabled preset name sync on the LF editor.
Anyone knows what could be the issue?
Maybe there is a setting on Axe Fx i have to enable?

Updated both editor and LF mini+ to 6.00.
I do not get any 2-way communication. I can control Axe fx 3 , but get no preset names or other stuff from axe. Im using a phantom power box with both midi in and out connected, tried different cables still only one way communication. I Enabled preset name sync on the LF editor.
Anyone knows what could be the issue?
Maybe there is a setting on Axe Fx i have to enable?

I think the only setting on AxeFx III setting is SysEx for tuner and tap tempo.

Did you do an external device from the editor? I think that will program IA for effects and scenes sync. It may also program some global settings.

You can also try this:

“In the [FILE] menu, there is a new factory programming file for the AXE-FX III. Select this option and the editor will program itself with various AXE-FX III capabilities. In fact, you can load this into your LF+ and you will have full live sync control without any further effort. Review the programming in this setup. You will see how to control CHANNELS, EFFECTS, SCENE's and more.”

The firmware download is up now, separately from the Mac file. The Mac editor has been updated to 6.01 but still says coming soon for windows?

Back
Top Bottom