Closed Volume increment over time ... j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.

greiswig

Power User
The thread about volume increment & decrement on the discussion list got me thinking. Wouldn’t it be nice to have an automatic way of boosting your output volume continuously over a 3-4 hour gig across all presets and scenes? Program in an overall 12-24dB boost (depending on the band) that begins about 5 minutes after sound check is over. Just starts bumping the volume 1dB at a time without you even thinking about it. All automated and effortless.

That way we don’t have to keep en eye on the 2nd guitar player, watching for him to sneak back to his amp and turn the MV up every third or fourth song because it “sounds better that way” and “it’s the only way to get that tone” and “I can’t hear myself” in spite of the fact that his amp is already so loud the paint is peeling off the stage directly in front of it.

Alternatively, we could use one of the inputs, feed his amp mic through it, and control the polarity and volume of the signal into the monitors and mains so that it cancels out the onslaught from his 100W Marsnall (sic) or Fender Hot Rod Deluxe to some extent.

I would never ever want this personally.

As a sound engineer, I would ask you to turn that off once I figure it out.

Preemptive volume wars? I can't tell whether you're serious or not. But in case you are, I can't support this wish. It would pretty much guarantee a bad gig.

No, not serious. Sorry...if you knew me, you’d know I’m a member of the Sarcastic Party.

Frustrated because I spend a lot of time leveling presets, getting a controlled volume boost for leads, and then I’ll do gigs with some guys who just don’t know how to play well with others.

Just realized this post may have set a new record for fastest three negative responses!

Last edited:
Frustrated because I spend a lot of time leveling presets, getting a controlled volume boost for leads, and then I’ll do gigs with some guys who just don’t know how to play well with others.

Now that I understand!

No, not serious. Sorry...if you knew me, you’d know I’m a member of the Sarcastic Party.

Just realized this post may have set a new record for fastest three negative responses!
Well we take wishes very seriously and much is being added to the Axe3 lately. A faux wish sorta misdirects our work, where we’d typically try to hammer out the wish so it can be delivered in the simplest form to the developers.

Can I remove the wish tag please?

Well we take wishes very seriously and much is being added to the Axe3 lately. A faux wish sorta misdirects our work, where we’d typically try to hammer out the wish so it can be delivered in the simplest form to the developers.

Can I remove the wish tag please?

Feel free, since I can't seem to do it. Or just delete the whole thread. It was supposed to be a joke and I thought people would see through it.

Feel free, since I can't seem to do it. Or just delete the whole thread. It was supposed to be a joke and I thought people would see through it.
I definitely get the joke now that I know, but people wish for a range of things and we usually take them as serious because you never know when someone wants the Axe to have an auto-off feature so you can leave the gig early due to gear failure ;)

I definitely get the joke now that I know, but people wish for a range of things and we usually take them as serious because you never know when someone wants the Axe to have an auto-off feature so you can leave the gig early due to gig failure ;)

Wait...you mean we could have it auto-detect the start of Stairway to Heaven or Freebird and it shuts itself off???

"Sorry, y'all. Guess I'm out for this set. Let me change this tube..."

So glad you explained you were messing with us, I love jokes but sadly in forums/text messages/email etc they tend to be easily mistaken/misinterpreted unless you have some original GIF to accompany it that no one else has already used 1000 times before.

Having said that, it does sound like you need the opposite of your wish - an automatic gain reducer for the outrageously loud second guitarist.

We are very lucky to have a brilliant sound guy who knows the core band members, so when we have external guitarists play with us he reacts very well to how loud they are/how well they play.

This sort of proves something about the intermenet don't you think?
Good stuff! Maybe people will be allowed to have wants and wishes :) ..if we let them.
Also - i reckon the op could actually have his wish with the axe fx iii already? Could be wrong.
Thanks
Pauly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom