Commercial U2 preset packs

So @edo, what's next on the horizon now that you have all the packs done?

I'm in the process of finishing up the ax8 packs, and then I guess I'll start with the AF3 packs (as soon as the FC controllers become available here in Europe, so i can figure out the most convenient way to set up presets / scenes etc).
I plan on updating all packs to fw 10.01 too, and then I might make some more packs based on the most common requests I usually get (a red rocks pack for example, lots of people ask for that!), or extras packs volume 2, 3 etc. I'm just thinking it would be cool to make a poll for an extras pack based on customers votes! :)

I'm in the process of finishing up the ax8 packs, and then I guess I'll start with the AF3 packs (as soon as the FC controllers become available here in Europe, so i can figure out the most convenient way to set up presets / scenes etc).
I plan on updating all packs to fw 10.01 too, and then I might make some more packs based on the most common requests I usually get (a red rocks pack for example, lots of people ask for that!), or extras packs volume 2, 3 etc. I'm just thinking it would be cool to make a poll for an extras pack based on customers votes! :)

Awesome man, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I'm super grateful for your work and to quote Zoo Station "I'm ready for what's next." An extras pack based on customer votes, a Red Rocks pack, a Slane pack, whatever you decide to create next I'll buy.

The guitar guides are great but the videos that Edo has created that demo the packs are even more awesome. You see great guitars and how/when he switches for key parts of the songs in the packs. I think they are even listed in this chat stream 3 or 4 chats back. Really worth taking time to watch for the E+I and Extras packs! Keep up the great work Edo!!

The guitar guides are great but the videos that Edo has created that demo the packs are even more awesome. You see great guitars and how/when he switches for key parts of the songs in the packs. I think they are even listed in this chat stream 3 or 4 chats back. Really worth taking time to watch for the E+I and Extras packs! Keep up the great work Edo!!

Oh shit I totally forgot about those, now I feel like a dumbass lol

NP on videos! ; ) @edo - quick question on the LP Custom - is that the same one that's in earlier videos with different volume knobs/pickup cover removed or is it a new/different LP Custom?

NP on videos! ; ) @edo - quick question on the LP Custom - is that the same one that's in earlier videos with different volume knobs/pickup cover removed or is it a new/different LP Custom?

I have 2, and now they look identical. The one that has pickup covers and black knobs in a couple videos is a 74 cs reissue I got last year when I accidentally broke the headstock on my 68 ri. And btw I'm selling it (I prefer the 74 over the 68, but since it's almost new and the other one has a broken headstock, for value reason I have to let this one go!)

Ive got a question about the differences in volume in Edo’s presets.

I use edo’s presets on my axe and use a vox Ac30 as a speaker (by disabeling the poweramp block)

Duo to different volume outputs in the different pickups of my guitars > strat, tele - LP, i notice that the overall volume between songs Is very variabel.

I know that there are many ways to adjust the volume > the main volume output slider build at the end of each scène path to edit the overall volume OR the Volume Utility at the utility menu..

- Is it wise to adjust all presets main sounds at around 0 db and make small volume adjustments around verse/bridge/solo/chorus using the main scene volume? Will cranking up the main ampblock outputs have effect on the sound (due adding bigger differences between the volumes in the ampsblocks & drive blocks?

- Some presets have throughout all scenes different amp main outputs (like elevation/vertigo pack). How should i "normalise" whole song at about 0db and add some extra volume in the chorus?

Perhaps i'm totaly missing something and am i the only one. How do you measure your volume?

Greets

Pieter

Last edited:
I have 2, and now they look identical. The one that has pickup covers and black knobs in a couple videos is a 74 cs reissue I got last year when I accidentally broke the headstock on my 68 ri. And btw I'm selling it (I prefer the 74 over the 68, but since it's almost new and the other one has a broken headstock, for value reason I have to let this one go!)

Hi Edo @edo,
On the guitar without the pickup covers - what type of pickups are those? Do they have a gold ring around a basic set of hum buckers? Also curious of the two guitar pickup sets - which do you prefer (if you had to pick one)?

Thanks,
Marty

Edo, I have a question as well.

I’m enjoying the presets immensely. But when comparing IEM of Edge’s tone with yours, some of yours sounds too clean.

I’m wondering if my overall volume is a factor. I’m not playing terribly loud; could this be why I’m interpreting a lack of texture/drive? To me it’s just a skosh chimey/clean on some of the Strat songs.

BTW, playing an Edge Strat on the bridge/middle position, Mission Gemini II FRFR.

Edo, I have a question as well.

I’m enjoying the presets immensely. But when comparing IEM of Edge’s tone with yours, some of yours sounds too clean.

I’m wondering if my overall volume is a factor. I’m not playing terribly loud; could this be why I’m interpreting a lack of texture/drive? To me it’s just a skosh chimey/clean on some of the Strat songs.

BTW, playing an Edge Strat on the bridge/middle position, Mission Gemini II FRFR.

You should just update to Ares 1.00beta, everything will sound dirtier!! LOL J/K, seriously, it depends on the pack, as the core tone is cleaner / dirtier depending on the tour. In some tours edge used cleaner amp settings and hotter fx settings, in some other tours it's the other way around, with the amps pushed harder and the fx cleaner. What pack are you specifically referring to? I usually get the opposite complaint (my presets sound dirtier than the ones they're based on..). I guess it also strongly depends on people's instruments, cables, pick up height etc. Every little thing counts and makes a little difference, and more little differences make a bigger difference!

Well, if you watched the sample video clips, you can tell I don’t know god pt2 that well..!! Lol

LOL..I did see that. If you didn’t add the disclaimer, it’s been so long since I’ve listened to that song, I never would have known. :)

Back
Top Bottom