AFIII Axe-Fx III Friedman BE + Stratocaster + "ML Greatest Hits" Mikko's Cab... THE TONE!!

Wow! Love the tone of these IR’s! @ML SOUND LAB, can you detail some more of the upgrades to your Strat? It sounds great!
Sure thing. The guitar is probably one of the best bang-for-buck Stratocasters stock. You can find these for like 350-500€ish in Europe at least. You'll find some more info on it here: https://shop.fender.com/en-FI/elect...60s-stratocaster/product-014110.html?rl=en_US

It's a Custom Shop designed Mexican Strat so it has many upgrades like a two-point tremolo and Custom Shop pickups. The back of the neck is slightly worn so it's still got the lacquer on it but it's a satin feel, that might be from wear. The neck is a modern C which is pretty small actually, almost Music Man small.

Now for the mods, even though it has the Custom Shop 69 pickups stock they've been upgraded to Suhr V60LP pickups and boy are these pickups good. I've made quite many comments along the lines of "pickups don't matter" but I do feel like the clarity on these Suhr pickups is phenomenal. Suhr may be up to something with their pickups for real. All the cavities have been shielded "ghetto style" with foil just to get rid of all the hum so I can have a lot of gain without all the noise. If you remove the pickguard it's not pretty but it works really well. "Almost" feels like noiseless pickups at times. The two-point bridge is awesome but the saddles have been switched for the modern style saddles, not the vintage ones that come stock. This also plays a part in the clarity of the guitar.

Then of course all the basic tweaks that I do to all of my guitars. Neck is dead straight, foam mutes the ringing strings in the headstock and also the tremolo springs behind the back cavity. Once again when you have a lot of gain you'll start noticing that things are constantly ringing and this goes for all guitars. Having some foam mute the ringing makes all of my guitar super tight sounding. One last thing I do is add some lubricant to my guitar nuts so the strings don't get stuck but slide through easily and this just helps the guitars stay in tune. It even fixed my Gibson G-string believe it or not.

I actually started electric guitar on a Strat. My background is definitely Clapton, Jimi and SRV rather than Metallica. I love everything about this guitar except for the truss rod adjustment which requires you to remove the neck.

Oh boy I love Strats. I started making this promo clip with my Fender 60s Classic Player Strat that's been upgraded in quite many ways. Suhr V60LP pickups and shielding and so on. There's absolutely no post processing on those guitar tracks. :)

Feedback?

I need a Strat in my life.

And probably these IRs also.

I need a Strat in my life.

And probably these IRs also.
This clip gave ME strat GAS. Looking at those new Player strats right now but I hear they've been built in a hurry so the fret ends cut your fingers open and the nut job ... is inaccurate so the string spacing is a bit random and some people even said the pickups are worse now although they are advertised as being "better". Oh man... trying to find a Surf Green one so bad!

Back
Top Bottom