AFIII Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx III Master Thread - Updated to Firmware 20.xx 'Cygnus'! New 'Triple-Gain' (HB) Versions

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Thank you. Would it make more sense to move scenes 5 through 8 to the bottom row (scenes 1 through 4)? Easier to get to.

I am undecided on that. Either way requires a certain amount of "shoe-gazing", and there are more changes required during the synth parts, so you may be on to something about swapping it to the bottom. When watching your demo video, the scene indicators on the screen of the AXE are in the configuration you describe, since it has 1-4 on the top and 5-8 on the bottom, the opposite of my foot switches.

Due to the positive feedback about the new, three different Gain levels, of my 'Clean to Mean' and 'Mild to Wild' packs.

As of Oct. 21, 2018 (firmware 1.18), all of the 'Humbucker' versions of my Axe-Fx III presets will now include two different versions of the preset. A 'High Output Pickups' (the original) version, and a new 'Medium Output Pickups' version. As well as (nec) versions of each, for those without expression pedals.

This includes the latest 'Mark Day's Eruption' V2 preset for Humbuckers (and a Single-Coil version that I tweaked)

Of course, the new versions are free to anyone that has already purchased. Just use your 'Link' inside of your Update/ PDF file.

The Axe-Fx II and AX8 presets will also be getting this update when time permits (started a new day-job). Some of them are going through some small changes to match some of the other edits made to the Axe-Fx III versions when they were created.

Last edited:
I've just added a slightly simplified version of my Pink Floyd - 'Comfortably Numb' (Axe-Fx III) preset to the store. Firmware Q1.18

Haven't had time to make a proper Demo yet.

Scene #1... Clean Auto-Swells with Delays (Intro and 1st Verse)
Scene #2... Acoustic Sim (for strumming along, Bridges, Choruses, 2nd Verse)
Scene #3... 1st Solo
Scene #4... 2nd Solo

Some of it can be heard at the end of this (cell phone) video...

Okay, I finally got a chance to make a demo video of my 'Comfortably Numb' preset. Available for the AX8 (10.01), Axe-Fx II (10.01), and Axe-Fx III (1.18).

The demo features the 'Humbucker' and Single-Coil' versions, in and out of a (modified) backing track found on YouTube.

I Just added a Dire Straits - 'Brothers In Arms' (for Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

Available for the AX8 (10.01), Axe-Fx II (10.01), and Axe-Fx III (1.18).

New for Q10.01... Now available in two different versions. For 'High Output Humbucker Pickups' (the original version), and 'Medium Output Humbucker Pickups'.

Try both versions to see which one works best for you. You can also mix and match them to work with multiple guitars.

Haven't had time to make a Demo yet. Should be up in a couple of days?

Set the scenes up in a 'Clean to Mean' configuration. Use the Neck (or Middle?) positions with the 'Tone' knob rolled back a bit for brighter guitars/pickups. And put down that pick and play with your fingers;).

Scene #1.... 1st Gear (Auto-Swells)
Scene #2.... 1st Gear
Scene #3.... 2nd Gear
Scene #4.... 3rd Gear
Scene #5.... 1st Gear (Stereo) (Auto-Swells)
Scene #6.... 1st Gear (Stereo)
Scene #7.... 2nd Gear (Stereo)
Scene #8.... 3rd Gear (Stereo)

Last edited:
Have to say Moke your presets are fantastic, I grabbed most of them for the axe 2, but these revised versions running on my Axe 3 are all just really great, everything has come alive that little bit more with the combination of you & the axe 3 awesome job

Here is the demo video for my 'Brother in Arms' preset (for Humbucker pickups).

It features the AX8, Axe-Fx II, and Axe-Fx III. In isolation, and along with a (YouTube) backing track.

Hi Moke, grabbed the brothers in arms preset & tried all of them, when importing to Axe 3, they all say 'empty preset' and there is nothing there...odd as every other one of yours has loaded fine , and as I say its on all the bro in arms versions , high power HB, medium, NEC etc etc...

Hi Moke, grabbed the brothers in arms preset & tried all of them, when importing to Axe 3, they all say 'empty preset' and there is nothing there...odd as every other one of yours has loaded fine , and as I say its on all the bro in arms versions , high power HB, medium, NEC etc etc...
Hi Chris, I think that is because I was on 1.19 beta when I exported it:confused:. So you have to be on 1.19 (or higher) to use it? I went to 1.19b to check it out and forgot to roll back before exporting those presets.

I will try to roll back today and add the 1.18 versions to the 'Update' page.

Last edited:
Well that didn't work...:oops::oops: I was hoping that I had the 1.18 versions in my computer somewhere.

You might have to update to the latest 1.19 beta to use the 'Brothers In Arms' preset.

I will keep on working on it.

Don’t worry Moke that explains why then, I noticed in a thread on axe edit 3 , someone had the same problem with presets made in later versions not importing ... will just update when I get chance cheers

Don’t worry Moke that explains why then, I noticed in a thread on axe edit 3 , someone had the same problem with presets made in later versions not importing ... will just update when I get chance cheers
Well I already rebuilt it on 1.18 and added it to the Update page for those staying on 1.18 until 1.19 is out of beta. Both versions are in the Update page.

I normally never put beta versions in the store. It was a mistake on my part.

Just quickly checked out my (1.18) presets on 2.00 beta. So far so good.:cool:

The new 'Speaker Compliance' parameter will load at 0.0 on existing presets, and will be unchanged tonally from the previous firmware. I will explore this parameter later to see if any updating is needed.

I will dig deeper on any preset that uses a 'Pitch' block and explore the new options and tweak as needed as soon as I have more time. I will release new 2.xx versions, if any changes were needed, when it's out of beta.

I Just added a Rush - 'Working Man' (for Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

New for Q10.01 and 1.18... Now available in two different versions. For 'High Output Humbucker Pickups' (the original version), and 'Medium Output Humbucker Pickups'.

Try both versions to see which one works best for you. You can also mix and match them to work with multiple guitars.

Haven't had time to make a Demo yet. Should be up in a couple of days?

Scene #1.... Rhythm
Scene #2.... Solo
Scene #3.... Solo with 'Auto'-Wah ('nec' versions only)

Here is the demo video for my 'Working Man' preset (for Humbucker pickups).

It features the AX8, Axe-Fx II, and Axe-Fx III. In isolation, and along with a (YouTube) backing track.

Due to the positive feedback about the new, three different Gain levels, of my 'Clean to Mean' and 'Mild to Wild' packs.

As of Oct. 21, 2018 (firmware 1.18), all of the 'Humbucker' versions of my Axe-Fx III presets will now include two different versions of the preset. A 'High Output Pickups' (the original) version, and a new 'Medium Output Pickups' version. As well as (nec) versions of each, for those without expression pedals.

This includes the latest 'Mark Day's Eruption' V2 preset for Humbuckers (and a Single-Coil version that I tweaked)

Of course, the new versions are free to anyone that has already purchased. Just use your 'Link' inside of your Update/ PDF file.

The Axe-Fx II and AX8 presets will also be getting this update when time permits (started a new day-job). Some of them are going through some small changes to match some of the other edits made to the Axe-Fx III versions when they were created.

Hi Moke, I downloaded some of your presets and I just want to they are great. I am very picky tone wise and I am completely satisfied. Nice work brother.

Hi Moke, I downloaded some of your presets and I just want to they are great. I am very picky tone wise and I am completely satisfied. Nice work brother.
Thanks Brues. I really appreciate the support.:cool:

I Just added an Audioslave - 'Like A Stone' (for 'Neck' Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

New for Q10.01 and 1.18... Now available in two different versions. For 'High Output Humbucker Pickups' (the original version), and 'Medium Output Humbucker Pickups'.

No double-tracking. No post EQ.

Use the Neck pickup for all scenes.

Scene #1.... Verse (Clean)
Scene #2.... Chorus (Dirt/Acoustic)
Scene #3.... 'Acoustic' Sim
Scene #4.... 'Acoustic' Sim + Clean (stereo)
Scene #5.... Whammy Solo
Scene #6.... Whammy Solo (stereo)

The (nec) versions have an 'Auto'-Whammy, as shown in the demo.

Back
Top Bottom