What's your favorite amp model?

I use a handful of amps for a variety of tasks but if I were to select one amp it'd be the Herbert
between the 3 models it has the versatility to hit pretty much anything I need it to do
not just rocks / metal, but also funk, blues, rockabilly, country..
sounds crazy but it's true.. it's like a Swiss Army knife

I'm sure there are plenty of others that can do the same
I guess I just really know and understand this amp
Clarky, you will have to share some of those settings lol

I use a handful of amps for a variety of tasks but if I were to select one amp it'd be the Herbert
between the 3 models it has the versatility to hit pretty much anything I need it to do
not just rocks / metal, but also funk, blues, rockabilly, country..
sounds crazy but it's true.. it's like a Swiss Army knife
I agree. I also think the VH4 is like this, too. Diezel just makes awesome amps.

The Line 6 Insane model? :p

Hell no! I plan to be buried in mine. The real one. Why do you think I kept mine? ;)
sounds like a plan. :)
but while alive, the twin reverb :
- clean as clean can be
- with a small pedal in front, very nice edge to it
- and a bigger pedal : you turn it into a beast (small beast :) )

one of these amps that always works, for many many genres...maybe not djent...but let that be the only one ...

I’ve always been a Marshall guy, some don’t like them. So for me, Marshall’s, then Boogie, and the Friedman’s are great. For cleans, Fenders, Shiver, maybe a AC-30 for a mild breakup.

TBH I am actually loving the suhr badger 30, I use mine with scene controllers to go from clean to lead sounds, and pretty much cover a wide range of music styles with it.

My favorite amps I’m using now is the Dr. Z Max 38, the Mesa Lone Star and the Komets. Super obscure to most of them mentioned but I love the variety and versatility of these amps

I've had my Axe-FX2+ for a couple of months now and still enjoying the honeymoon! I run it stereo through a Crown power amp into a pair of FR speakers. I still end up giggling at the tones I'm hearing! I am using an MFC-101 board with a pair of Mission expression pedals and find it is all I need. Still reading the manuals and slowly learning more. Presently working on making modifiers and using scenes. I have also auditioned many of the amp models but find I have a favorite in the JCM 800 model. I have not toyed with any of its stock settings as It suits me fine as it is. It cleans up very nicely backing off the guitar volume and does not sound thin at all with less gain. Nice and punchy. I don't even use compression as I find it seems to compress subtly on its own.

Just wondering what some users favorite amps are and why.

Thanks
Which guitar do you mostly use mate?

Back
Top Bottom