How to properly start and shut down the Axe-Fx 3?

Martin Vaz

Hi there, i know is a silly question but what the heck, how to properly turn on and off the Axe FX3? coming from the amp world where you have to first turn on the standby switch and so on, or also this being kind of a computer, don't know if it has to follow some procedure or if its as simple as just turn on and off? i have it plug into a Furman power conditioner, thank you.rsz_img_6408.jpg

Last edited:
bypass each block, than disconnect the connection between every block. than... :p

just kidding, its been around 5-6 years every device including axe fx 3 in my studio and in my live rig is powered by furman power conditioner/voltage regulator. and i turn on and off the whole studio/live rig with 1 button from furman.

It's not a silly question and to be honest, shutting down an Axe-FX3 is not usually a very easy thing to do.

The problem being, they're arguably the smartest, most qualified, best sounding piece of gear in any given room..... and they know it!

Shutting one down takes quite a bit of tact because they will argue until you're blue in the face. Well, that's usually because of the GUI but regardless..... they'll beat you down until your cry "uncle" if you let them.

Just have a plan, stay calm and stick to it and you might be able to shut an Axe-FX3 down.

P.S. Please excuse me as I'm leaving work in 5 minutes and I'm off all next week so I'm a bit giddy.

I was thinking I should plug mine into a z-wave outlet and setup automations to turn it off and on depending on if I'm home or not, and then certain hours of the day when I should be working and sleeping ;)

I have my power amp axe 3 wah all plugged into my furman and have all power switches on so they all turn on when I turn on the furman

You should really turn the power amp on last and off first...

The III has the “soft” boot-up so there are no “pops” when it powers up.

I used to turn my monitors and/or CLR’s on last, first off, when cutting the power to the II, or else I’d get that “pop” sound, but with the III, it loads up and there isn’t any “pop” etc from the monitors.

I actually just tend to leave them on all the time now. Nice improvement over the II

Back
Top Bottom