Joe bosamanna

I"m pretty sure there is a sample of his Marshall Silver Jubilee settings somewhere... use that and that amp model, you get that ZZ Top "Nasty Dogs & Funky Kings" kind of greenbacks blowing up tone...

Thanks for your in put. I drive truck and don't get enough time ob the ax8. I have had it about 6 months now. Want to bring it on the road with me. Have to ck the the watts first

JB uses two amps, mids from one, and bass and treble from the other. It gives him that distorted tone with the feeling of headroom. He still sounds like himself through a simple combo amp though. Just need enough gain to turn down the guitar volume, roll off the treble and it still sings.

Two amp blocks would get you there easy. But since the AX8 doesn’t do two I’d start with a jubilee. And some serious chops.

JB uses two amps, mids from one, and bass and treble from the other. It gives him that distorted tone with the feeling of headroom. He still sounds like himself through a simple combo amp though. Just need enough gain to turn down the guitar volume, roll off the treble and it still sings.

Two amp blocks would get you there easy. But since the AX8 doesn’t do two I’d start with a jubilee. And some serious chops.

I like the "And some serious chops" part.............

Saw Joe for the fourth time two weeks ago and he no longer has the Marshalls, instead he has about 8 different 2x12's on stage

You guys are a punch of bricks. I had to look. Aside from a few kicks to the kneecaps , great advice as always.
The only thing the AX8 is missing in the firmware is the JB chops.

Back
Top Bottom