Proud new owner of an MK2

A week ago I bought a used Axe-FX II MK II.
During this week I’ve done a lot of testing. Resulting I’m now selling off all my dedicated rack fx units like the Ensoniq DP/4, Eventide H-3000 and Lexicon PCM-70. I find the Axe can easily replace them all. Yesterday I made my first IR’s of my Bogner cab. Running the XTC version in the Axe thru this IR sounded really good. The Axe has a tonn of great amp tones, but I will say this. I’m not selling my Bogner XTC anytime soon. playing thru it sounds better to me. But with the Axe for stereo fx is brilliant. I made a W/D/W FX presets to run in parallel with the mic’d XTC on my API console. It’s also brilliant for giving me amptones I do not own. Like the AC30. The combination of this and my Bogner amp will give me 100% of what I’ll ever need in my studio. I’m planning to buy Atomic wedges to use it live. The XTC is heavy for an old man like me. Lol (44).

A week ago I bought a used Axe-FX II MK II.
During this week I’ve done a lot of testing. Resulting I’m now selling off all my dedicated rack fx units like the Ensoniq DP/4, Eventide H-3000 and Lexicon PCM-70. I find the Axe can easily replace them all. Yesterday I made my first IR’s of my Bogner cab. Running the XTC version in the Axe thru this IR sounded really good. The Axe has a tonn of great amp tones, but I will say this. I’m not selling my Bogner XTC anytime soon. playing thru it sounds better to me. But with the Axe for stereo fx is brilliant. I made a W/D/W FX presets to run in parallel with the mic’d XTC on my API console. It’s also brilliant for giving me amptones I do not own. Like the AC30. The combination of this and my Bogner amp will give me 100% of what I’ll ever need in my studio. I’m planning to buy Atomic wedges to use it live. The XTC is heavy for an old man like me. Lol (44).
you may actually be on the youngish side on this forum...seems to be lotsa old Geezers who love their AxeFx....im 64

Not a thing wrong with hanging on to your amp! I have a wall of them, and gig with the Axe Fx. The whole “which is better?” debate has made it seem a one or the other proposition, but (as you’ve already discovered) they live together quite happily!

And my 58 year old body hasn’t missed loading in the head and cab road cases one bit! Welcome to the family if Fractal users.

Much later but now I'm in your situation :)
But still I plan to leave one full set of old equipment: favourite amp (Mesa Rectifire), favoutite cab (custom made 1x12" with EV speaker) and few basic effects: G-lab Delay, Keeley compressor, TC reverb, Maxon 808 and prabobly one boost (havent decided yet). 4x times more is going to be sold.

Back
Top Bottom