FC Series Controllers Waitlist

Why is the FC-12 going to be so expensive? It appears to be approximately the same price as the earlier MFC unit but with less than half as many switches, which would perhaps indicate more menus? Regardless of the improved connector, it is still basically a switching matrix right? For three or four hundred dollars more, one could buy the AX8 that actually has amp models and effects on board plus many switches. I don't understand. Please explain.
Thanks

Why is the FC-12 going to be so expensive? It appears to be approximately the same price as the earlier MFC unit but with less than half as many switches, which would perhaps indicate more menus? Regardless of the improved connector, it is still basically a switching matrix right? For three or four hundred dollars more, one could buy the AX8 that actually has amp models and effects on board plus many switches. I don't understand. Please explain.
Thanks
Expensive? What are you talking about? It's a steal compared to the outrageous cost of a Mastermind controller and it does far more than the MFC. Besides, no one is forcing you to buy one as you can use any MIDI controller you want. $700 is a great deal to me. Your mileage obviously varies.

Please don’t interpret the post as an attack; it is strictly a request for info based on perception. I really have no idea of what the new controllers are capable of nor do I know what it can do that the MFC cannot as I have never used one before. I see a controller that looks smaller with less switches. $700 might indeed be a great deal.

A $700 controller to take full advantage of a $2500 processor seems pretty in line for me.

You buy a Ferrari and you know that the cost for parts and service is going to be higher. The Axe III is the most advanced guitar processor made right now, and also the most expensive. It’s a high end product for those who want and will pay for the very best. Price is what it is.

Rex, lqdsnddist, and Manny,
Thanks for the info and viewpoints.

I have been added to the waitlist for the excellent and very reasonably priced Foot (Ferrari) Controller-12 (FC-12). Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hey guys , I’ve been out of the loop for a while now - with work. It just occurred to me that quite a bit of time has passed since the waitlist started. ( at least it seems it to me ).
Aside from SOON , is there any projected estimate for when FCs will start selling - yet ?
Just curious. Loving my III. Looking forward to using the FC in the (hopefully) near future.
Hard to believe Def Leppard is using the III now , and neither of us is using a foot switch by now....... ;)

Hey guys , I’ve been out of the loop for a while now - with work. It just occurred to me that quite a bit of time has passed since the waitlist started. ( at least it seems it to me ).
Aside from SOON , is there any projected estimate for when FCs will start selling - yet ?
Just curious. Loving my III. Looking forward to using the FC in the (hopefully) near future.
Hard to believe Def Leppard is using the III now , and neither of us is using a foot switch by now....... ;)
Last I saw posted was "October"...

To be added to the FC Series Controllers Wait List,
please email waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject "Wait List Request - FC".

If you specifically want either the FC-6 OR the FC-12, or want more than one,
please include this in the body of your email so we can consider these details.

For EU customers, please send the mail to waitlist@g66.eu. or use the button on the Axe-Fx III presentation page

Is there any hope to get this by 2018?! It sucks using axe fx III with no foot control...

Thanks,

Rob

Currently using FAMC Liquid Foot JR+, with two BE-2 Button Expander for my Fx3. Among four expression jacks,two are connected with volume and wah respectively,and remaining two are for two BE-2. One for bank up/down,the other for preset up/down. All eight buttons are functioning scene's. You may find PAGE concepts that were introduced by FAMC,for JR+model 60 pages. In my humble opinion, FC's are going to resemble the page concept,which scheme allows all tasks and functions carried via MFC be executed with only 6 or 12 buttons. Any one out there using Liquid Foot controllers on Fx3?....

Currently using FAMC Liquid Foot JR+, with two BE-2 Button Expander for my Fx3. Among four expression jacks,two are connected with volume and wah respectively,and remaining two are for two BE-2. One for bank up/down,the other for preset up/down. All eight buttons are functioning scene's. You may find PAGE concepts that were introduced by FAMC,for JR+model 60 pages. In my humble opinion, FC's are going to resemble the page concept,which scheme allows all tasks and functions carried via MFC be executed with only 6 or 12 buttons. Any one out there using Liquid Foot controllers on Fx3?....
Since I am blind here, with no official updates at all, I have to start considering alternative options. This one sounds interesting. I will research about it. Thanks!

Since I am blind here, with no official updates at all, I have to start considering alternative options. This one sounds interesting. I will research about it. Thanks!
Hey Rob, I've been using the RJM Mastermind GT, and have to say it is a powerful and capable controller. They have been steadily working on it for interaction with the Axe FX III. I'm still on the FC wait list, but have been happily gigging my III with the MMGT/22 for months without issue. It's a really nice foot controller.

Just another shopping suggestion! http://www.rjmmusic.com

Back
Top Bottom