Matrix gt1000fx owners I got a Q for ya

Billbill

Power User
cant find anything in the manual about this. I know that when powering up the poweramp the protection light comes on by design, but when I power DOWN the unit something weird happens. When I press the off switch it powers off but then makes some clicking/little pop sounds and powers itself back up for a second with protection light on then finally powers off. Its like a power flickering. It's always done that in the few months I've had it was wondering if that's normal? I tried to post a 5 sec video but it says it's too large

Mine does that as well. I have had it for several years, and it has always done that with no negative impact. I talked directly to Matrix a while back, and they said that is normal/ok.

My GT800fx does it too... Seems wrong, but I've mostly learned to wait a few seconds before turning the Axe Fx off, too.

My GT800fx does it too... Seems wrong, but I've mostly learned to wait a few seconds before turning the Axe Fx off, too.
Not sure I understand what you mean by waiting to turn the AxeFx off too. The Matrix is powered off first (common law I suppose). How is turning off the axe relevant here? Just asking incase I'm missing something vital

Not sure I understand what you mean by waiting to turn the AxeFx off too. The Matrix is powered off first (common law I suppose). How is turning off the axe relevant here? Just asking incase I'm missing something vital
If you push the power button off on the Matrix and then immediately power off the Axe Fx, you can get a nice pop when the Matrix does that brief power back on as the Axe Fx is powering off.

Happened to me more than once...

I have 1000 and 1600 and they both do that. Its appears to me to be a little design flaw as you wouldn't think the unit should power itself back on for a moment after shutting it off. I've had mine for at least 5 years, no problem with either of them and I play almost every night.

Cool thx! I guess I don't need to sweat it then especially when guys saying theirs does the same thing with years of playing still going. It's just very odd behavior because that's the same kind of thing I'd see in my old tube amps when they were about to blow up and they always did, lol

mine does this, i just make sure to wait a couple seconds before powering down my axefx so theres no noticable pop. Or I pull the speaker cable first when tearing down, then power done as normal.

It's probably capacitors discharging, if I had to guess. Totally normal behavior for some circuit designs, and not surprising to me at all given that it has a protection circuit and whatnot. Mine does it too.

Back
Top Bottom