FIXED: Axe-Fx III Logic Issues

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
As of firmware 1.18 beta, the issue with Axe-Fx III / Axe-Edit III / and Logic Pro X seems to be fixed for me. After installing this firmware version, I no longer needed to disable control surfaces, and Axe-Edit and Logic co-exist without any unusual startup routines.

Last edited:
I truly wish I could share positive feedback right now, but for me, the issue that I reported still exists after application of 1.18 . Specifically, when Logic and AxeEdit III run concurrently , any attempt to use software instruments (using either Linnstrument with MPE presets or MIDI guitar with mono presets as controllers) produces random and spurious pitch, modulation and volume errors. I will continue to investigate this to make sure there is not some configuration snafu on my end, but so far no fix for me.

Last edited:
As of firmware 1.18 beta, all issues with Axe-Fx III / Axe-Edit III / and Logic Pro X seem to be fixed for me. After installing this firmware version, I no longer needed to disable control surfaces, and Axe-Edit and Logic co-exist without any unusual startup routines.

Confirmed. No issues.

I truly wish I could share positive feedback right now, but for me, the issue that I reported still exists after application of 1.18 . Specifically, when Logic and AxeEdit III run concurrently , any attempt to use software instruments (using either Linnstrument with MPE presets or MIDI guitar with mono presets as controllers) produces random and spurious pitch, modulation and volume errors. I will continue to investigate this to make sure there is not some configuration snafu on my end, but so far no fix for me.

I can confirm that this newer issue of "Messages from MIDI keyboards/devices are corrupted while Axe-Edit is running" still exists, but the "major issue" of Axe-Edit not working and the Axe-Fx III locking up in certain startup scenarios is fixed.

I can confirm that this newer issue of "Messages from MIDI keyboards/devices are corrupted while Axe-Edit is running" still exists, but the "major issue" of Axe-Edit not working and the Axe-Fx III locking up in certain startup scenarios is fixed.
thanks for the confirmation Matt. I did just confirm that if I switch out my III for AX8, and use the same USB connection, there is none of that behavior using AX8 Edit, but I was pretty sure that would be the case.

Great news about the Logic fix! Looking forward to 1.18 to try it out, for now I've just made do with setting up everything in Axe Edit to get some patches ready prior to launching Logic for recording and general noodling.

Back
Top Bottom