Met Ozzy and Zakk Wylde at the Houston show.

The coollest part is that you got a whole guitar out of it. My biggest fanboy fantasy is to be in the audience when Matt Bellamy throws one of his Mansons in the audience. He only did it once, as it caused a massive tug of war, but still, a man can have silly dreams, right? At least you lived yours.

You got a VIP meet n greet package and backstage check out his setup/pedalboard/axes, rehearsal plus one of his custom guitars/HSC Hellfire Barbarian and got to play The Behemoth!? Dood, I'm dying to know what an experience like that would set a guy back roughly including concert tix for two?
The fact he played the guitar live meant it was stage worthy setup for Zakk Wylde!

I seen them here back in August (Toronto) And to be honest I wasn't able to see the stage often due to a taller crowd (preservatives, hormones,..? BTW I'm 6'1")

You got a VIP meet n greet package and backstage check out his setup/pedalboard/axes, rehearsal plus one of his custom guitars/HSC Hellfire Barbarian and got to play The Behemoth!? Dood, I'm dying to know what an experience like that would set a guy back roughly including concert tix for two?
The fact he played the guitar live meant it was stage worthy setup for Zakk Wylde!

I seen them here back in August (Toronto) And to be honest I wasn't able to see the stage often due to a taller crowd (preservatives, hormones,..? BTW I'm 6'1")
The Zakk meet and greet is $2k which includes the guitar, autographed poster, guitar picks, photographs and actually getting to hang out with him. It does not include a ticket to the show. Our tickets to the show came with the Ozzy meet and greet which were fifth row dead center.

Last edited:
I used to photograph and lot of the meet and greets for local promoters back in the day. Usually it was like 10 seconds, quick picture and they are ushering folks out. Different artist were more or less friendly, sometimes hugs and handshakes, sometimes “don’t touch me” lol, but never seemed remotely worth any extra cash.

This was obviously a next level experience, but seems like way better bang for the buck than paying like $90 for a picture and some crappy backstage catering.

I will say one guy who was really cool was Smokey Robinson. Not really my taste, but he actually asked if I wanted a photo, since he said I was working hard taking them of everyone else. I didn’t really want/need one with him to be honest, but still, kind of shows he is a good kind of dude.

Anyways, I usually write these type of things off as total waste of money, but glad to see some artists actually are offering some cool and unique stuff. I’m sure it’s not cheap, but priceless for those who are big fans.

Jeez, I remember the times when VIP packages barely included anything. That must have cost a fortune.

Jeez, I remember the times when VIP packages barely included anything. That must have cost a fortune.

I remember a time when there were no VIP packages. ;):p

The Zakk meet and greet is $2k which includes the guitar, autographed poster, guitar picks and photographs. It does not include a ticket to the show. Our tickets came with the Ozzy meet and greet which were fifth row dead center.

So what does that guitar cost if you just order it in a store? It doesn't seem like its 2K in profits for Zak. There's the cost of the guitar, and the cost of having to haul 5 or 6 guitars and cases along to every gig, and probably a few others as well.

I remember a time when there were no VIP packages. ;):p

So what does that guitar cost if you just order it in a store? It doesn't seem like its 2K in profits for Zak. There's the cost of the guitar, and the cost of having to haul 5 or 6 guitars and cases along to every gig, and probably a few others as well.
Most of them sell for about $1k brand new in store and online. Depending on which model. Some have Floyd’s so they are a bit more I think.

Last edited:
That's awesome - what a great experience ! Zakk is one of the most down to earth and funny guys out there. I loved when he was on that metal show. I still hear him on the Eddie Trunk show every now and again. Those are some great pictures too.
I have a meet and greet with Joe Bonamassa in a few months - it was free with guitar purchase - so I'm guessing I won't get nearly the time with him that you did with Zakk. But looking forward to it.

That's awesome - what a great experience ! Zakk is one of the most down to earth and funny guys out there. I loved when he was on that metal show. I still hear him on the Eddie Trunk show every now and again. Those are some great pictures too.
I have a meet and greet with Joe Bonamassa in a few months - it was free with guitar purchase - so I'm guessing I won't get nearly the time with him that you did with Zakk. But looking forward to it.
Very cool! Joe is a beast!

Very cool! Sounds like a once in a lifetime experience.

Ozzy's show came through here last week, and one of my buddies who's the singer in a local Ozzy tribute band did the Ozzy VIP thing. He'd met Ozzy before, and this time, Ozzy walked up to him and said "I remember you! You're me!"

Very cool! Sounds like a once in a lifetime experience.

Ozzy's show came through here last week, and one of my buddies who's the singer in a local Ozzy tribute band did the Ozzy VIP thing. He'd met Ozzy before, and this time, Ozzy walked up to him and said "I remember you! You're me!"
Lmao! That's hilarious!

Here’s some videos of him playing my guitar on stage. Short clip of Suicide Solution and Fairies Wear Boots in it's entirety.

This Axe... Will pinch.

Doug-Marcaida-interview-04-670x449.jpg

This Axe... Will pinch.

That's the difference between a gimmick and a signature move. If you persist with the gimmick for long enough it becomes a signature move. And then suddenly nobody else can do the gimmick without being accused of copying you.

@bishop5150 That’s awesome. My wife got me the M&G for the generation axe tour and Zakk was awesome(as they all were)he was the 1st one in the line and shook hands and hugged every single person. I don’t generally get to star struck anymore but being in the same room with 5 just monster players and influences was a touch overwhelming lol.

vXiw7gl.jpg

Mate i'm genuinely really pleased for you, I always enjoy the vids you post up of your band so I can see what this would mean to you.

Quite by accident I got to meet the guy who got me into guitar a few years back, Phil Collen of Def Lep, and we had a really cool chat for about 20 min before a ManRaze gig he was playing in a little club in Manchester, about guitars and playing What was even better was afterwards he looked for me and came over asking what I thought of his tone and was the balance good, etc!

@bishop5150 That’s awesome. My wife got me the M&G for the generation axe tour and Zakk was awesome(as they all were)he was the 1st one in the line and shook hands and hugged every single person. I don’t generally get to star struck anymore but being in the same room with 5 just monster players and influences was a touch overwhelming lol.

vXiw7gl.jpg
I bet it was! How cool!

Back
Top Bottom