TotalSync and more with MFC-101 and Axe-Fx 3

oson00

Inspired
I am building a simple solution for using the MFC-101 to control the Axe-FX III. I build a translator-box to communicate between MFC and Axe-FX III. Totalsync is possible with some limitations! Read out the preset and scene names works! Tuner and Tap is no problem. My next step is to control the looper!

I think this project is interessting for other MFC-Users who love their MFC and wants to connect it to the Axe-FX III. I did a quick info-website with a questionaire at the end of the page. For all who are interessted in this solution please fill in the questions to help me deciding about the possibilities of production.

The link to the project-site: https://freemfc.bastian-buehrig.de

I did some quick YouTube Videos to show the status of the projects. Both are in German. First shows Totalsync and Tuner. The second shows scene switching with scene names in the MFC display!

I think you'll find a market for this if you get it all working and the price is reasonable.

Didn't watch the vids, but checked the website.

Personally, I want and can afford the FC-12 but I think many agree with you.

I think you'll find a market for this if you get it all working and the price is reasonable.

Didn't watch the vids, but checked the website.

Personally, I want and can afford the FC-12 but I think many agree with you.

Thank you! This is why I made the website. :)

I really like this idea. I have racked my brain to get the MFC to do about 95% of what I had before but having preset & scene names automatically show rather than having to type each one in would be great! Also, having the tuner back on the MFC is nice but not a deal breaker for me. Is there any lag time with the translator as opposed to straight midi communication with the III? For me, Fractal has shot themselves in the foot somewhat for not lifting a finger to make the III & MFC easier to use together, especially when they knew it was going to be a long time before the FC's were released. I understand them wanting to sell the FC's but, as I said, since it was such an effort to get the MFC to work as well as I have it now, I'm fine with it. No FC for me!

Tempo Tap, FX-Bypass and Expression-Pedals are working without any lag I feel. Feels like I am controlling my Axe-Fx II :)

Filled out your questionnaire. Count me in. Been thinking about this solution for some time but not really in to the time it would consume learning programming. Thanks for doing this.

watching the thread,
I found myself to be an owner of the mfc-101 mk iii recently. A week after it arrived I bought an axe fx iii. To say I was disappointed that they didn’t talk to each other would be a polite understatement.

watching the thread,
I found myself to be an owner of the mfc-101 mk iii recently. A week after it arrived I bought an axe fx iii. To say I was disappointed that they didn’t talk to each other would be a polite understatement.
They talk to each other fine... But it's a one way conversation over midi.

Awesome work oson00!!
So this could possibly be the next FASLINK adapter except using midi cables/connections, 'XA-3 FASLINK'!? ;)

Back
Top Bottom