PreSonus Eris E8 - Subwoofer or no?

I have read that for the purpose of production, subwoofers are a bit pointless, but what about for jamming/practice? What if I were to purpose them for media? Neither are exactly ideal with studio monitors, but it seems like a versatile option for the time being.

Also, I haven't pulled the trigger on the monitors yet, so would anyone strongly sway me on a different brand?

I have the Temblor T10. Could shake my house down if left unchecked lol

I enjoy it for certain things, but with guitar, I’m always cutting the lows at 100hz anyways. My s6’s monitors repro anything over 80hz, with the sub handling the lows

As such doesn’t make a real difference with my Axe, but is fun with bass heavy styles of music

I'm also considering acquiring the Eris-8. I play guitar and bass. Do you consider the Eris-8 alone sufficient for bass or do you think the Temblor is a must?

Never used the Eris so can’t really say honestly. I got my T10 used for like $225 or so. At that price no real point not going with what is likely the better product.

T10 is cool becasue it has a foot switch you can bypass the sub with. Step on it and you send full signal to the monitors. Press again and your sending only above 80hz to the monitors with the sub doing the low end. Great way to judge with and without in a mix. Handy feature more brands should consider

I have some E8s, and they've worked fine for bass at low to moderate volumes. The typical practicing/media playback use. I haven't blasted the volume with the bass, so I can't give you any info on how they would handle a band situation. I would be inclined to guess they wouldn't be the best choice with a hard hitter playing real drums.

I look at monitor subs more as 'feel' so much as sound
I don't hear it- but I feel it a little more present/in the room

I'd rather you get a set of Yamaha HS8's than the Presonus with a Sub

I was very unimpressed with them in many ways.

Back
Top Bottom