Setting up GC Pro with Axe FX Standard

mwfiddes

Hey there, guys. New username, but I used to be a member back when I got my standard in 2010. I recently picked up a GCP for cheap, and I'm having a hell of a time getting it integrated with my Axe. I've searched the forums, read both manuals, and while I feel I've done everything correctly, I get nothing when pressing either the patch buttons or any of the IA controls. The midi in light on the Axe will flash, but thats it. I've got it setup to run 4 presets/8 IA, and while all the tutorials I've found have been very helpful, given the age of the Standard, most if not all videos on YouTube are gone. I feel like I'm missing something or maybe a couple somethings, but I'm hoping some of you out there still run this archaic setup. Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Like I said, I've been through all those threads yet getting the GCP to do my bidding has continued to elude me. I don't know what the hell I'm missing, but it's frustrating.

You on the right midi channel? Set both units to channel 1. I’ve been using a gcp for years with zero issues with various processors.

Yep. I've got both set to channel 1, and I've even tried the Axe on the Omni setting. What makes this so puzzling is that I've done everything the way both manuals and the tutorials I've read told me to do, but it's still not working.

Welp, I found the problem. It was the cable. The 7 pin I had was providing power for the gcp, so I didn't think of that until I got desperate. Worked like a charm tonight!

Bad cable. Had enough pins going to give me phantom power and run it, but not enough to communicate with the Axe. GC only had a 5 pin, so I used that tonight, and I'll return it tomorrow to order a new 7.

The midi cables I have plugged in to the in and the out are both 5 pin. Will this be a problem? I cannot get GCP to change anything and when it does, it is just cycling quickly thru random presets. Please help.

Back
Top Bottom