Still struggling with an old "quired" issue

Billbill

Power User
Man, guys, so every time I power up the axe and open axe edit I get the old "unknown device version information could not be queried" message. I power down axe, close edit, power back up axe, restart axe edit and it will work. Sometimes it will get me about 4 times in a row during a single startup session but that's only sometimes.
I should note that after I get it going it works flawlessly and I DONT even experience any "timeout" isssues that others sometimes get.
Things I've tried without success:
-New USB cable
-Re select the midi settings in axe edit
-Changing the power up/editor start order

I'm running whatever version that was out when I got my axe new with Q6.03 so I think the editor version is 3.12.2?
This issue all started when the version after Q6.03 came out, Q7? And the axe edit notifications began popping up on my Mac. I don't want to update anything right now I just wanna jam and not have to rewrite a ton of presets! The only other major thing I didn't try was reinstalling the editor drivers because I'm worried some other issue will start like the "timeouts" which I'm already fortunate enough to never have! Seems like it's just a power up/startup issue. Any advice would be more than appreciated guys. Thx

Man, guys, so every time I power up the axe and open axe edit I get the old "unknown device version information could not be queried" message. I power down axe, close edit, power back up axe, restart axe edit and it will work. Sometimes it will get me about 4 times in a row during a single startup session but that's only sometimes.
I should note that after I get it going it works flawlessly and I DONT even experience any "timeout" isssues that others sometimes get.
Things I've tried without success:
-New USB cable
-Re select the midi settings in axe edit
-Changing the power up/editor start order

I'm running whatever version that was out when I got my axe new with Q6.03 so I think the editor version is 3.12.2?
This issue all started when the version after Q6.03 came out, Q7? And the axe edit notifications began popping up on my Mac. I don't want to update anything right now I just wanna jam and not have to rewrite a ton of presets! The only other major thing I didn't try was reinstalling the editor drivers because I'm worried some other issue will start like the "timeouts" which I'm already fortunate enough to never have! Seems like it's just a power up/startup issue. Any advice would be more than appreciated guys. Thx

Axe-Edit is now 3.14.3... and for me and many others the "Time out issue" started with Q8. Never been solved. It still happening to me if I use the Axe-Fx as sound card. To avoid further headache I've hook time a Focusrite Scarlett and run the music through a couple of monitors. You seem to have a different problem though and probably it's not a bad idea to re-install the drivers?

Axe-Edit is now 3.14.3... and for me and many others the "Time out issue" started with Q8. Never been solved. It still happening to me if I use the Axe-Fx as sound card. To avoid further headache I've hook time a Focusrite Scarlett and run the music through a couple of monitors. You seem to have a different problem though and probably it's not a bad idea to re-install the drivers?
Yes and reinstalling the drivers seems logical but was afraid I'd get some timeout issues but as u said, the timeout issue came or was associated with the new FW or new editor version, which I'm not installing so I should be ok one would think right?

Yes and reinstalling the drivers seems logical but was afraid I'd get some timeout issues but as u said, the timeout issue came or was associated with the new FW or new editor version, which I'm not installing so I should be ok one would think right?

There's many thread bout the Timeout issue and they all came about after Q8.

Back
Top Bottom