Best bedroom setup

whats the best bedroom setup to get a “studio” sound? I’ve got an axe 3, Adam A7X’s on order, do I just hook them up and jam or should I hook to my laptop and if so what program do I need? Thx for any help in advance...

Axe III gives great tones out of the box, but “studio” sound isn’t really a given piece of gear, it’s knowing how to use the gear you have to produce a polished final product.

That takes time and experience, but, there are luckily lots of great tutorial videos on the net to get people up and running far quicker

Yes, hook your monitors up and jam. Hook up to the pc via usb if you want to use Axe Edit, or do some direct recording to your DAW.

A "studio sound" requires some room treatment for acoustics, along with knowledge & experience & gear.

A professional studio sound requires the above plus lot's of money :)

Seriously though, you'll get great results with just the Axe & monitors. Programs for recording range from cheap to expensive. If you're starting out I'd suggest using Reaper.
https://www.reaper.fm/

"Studio Sound" is a subjective label. For some it means the room. But almost every studio room has a unique sound. They can range from very dead to fairly alive. Some professional studios have acoustic issues unacceptable to some but possibly desirable for a particular sound.
some people think a "studio sound" references the sound of a particular album or recording made somewhere. That is not just a room but the equipment (console, tape, preamps, mics, etc.) used during the session.
One person's desirable Studio or Live sound is another's garbage.
Unless you are more specific by what you mean by Studio Sound, just start playing and tweak things towards the sound you want.

whats the best bedroom setup to get a “studio” sound? I’ve got an axe 3, Adam A7X’s on order, do I just hook them up and jam or should I hook to my laptop and if so what program do I need? Thx for any help in advance...

You can hook up the A7’s to your Axe III then USB into your laptop. This way you can play right into the A7’s if you want and use your DAW via USB. If you have a Mac you don’t need a driver. If you are running Windows you will need the Axe USB driver from the Fractal Audio site.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-downloads/

Did somebody say Garbage? Shirley? Anyway I'm running a bedroom setup w Axe 3 going into a pair of Presonus Sceptre monitors and IMO sounds fantastic. Build it up however you like, you really don't need anything else but I run an ADA MP1 Classic in the loop once in a while for an old school flavor. :)

Back
Top Bottom