Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.15 Beta #2

No issues so far with the RJM GT MM.

IIRC (please correct me if I'm wrong) in the RJM you have to import all presets/scenes from the III in bulk. ( )

In other words: the preset- and scene names are not loaded from the III on a program/scene change but are loaded from the internal memory of the RJM. So then it makes sense that the RJM will not have these issues.

You probably will have the same issues with the new beta firmware if you import them again.

Loading them directly from the III on a preset/scene change, like the MC-10 does, has the benefit that your data is always correct and not out of date.

IIRC (please correct me if I'm wrong) in the RJM you have to import all presets/scenes from the III in bulk.

In other words: the preset- and scene names are not loaded from the III on a program/scene change but are loaded from the internal memory of the RJM. So then it makes sense that the RJM will not have these issues.

You probably will have the same issues with the new beta firmware if you import them again.

Loading them directly from the III on a preset/scene change, like the MC-10 does, has the benefit that your data is always correct and not out of date.

Just to make things clear: I posted that message on behalf of troubleshooting, not to tout one controller over another.

The GT can do both: import preset names and store them, or dynamically poll and get them when needed.

Performed the import process just now, and you're right, something has changed.

TM block was fixed in beta 1.15 #2?

Oops, missed this in the release notes

Added Mode parameter to Tone Match block. When set to OFF-LINE the processing is adjusted to better suit matching recorded sources such as guitar stems. When set to LIVE the processing is as before and better suited to matching a real-time source such as the output of a guitar amp

So, if I am matching one guitar DI signal to another which is the correct mode?

For the MFCs, I suspect the "get current scene name" and "get current preset name" requests are now returning scene number (1 byte) and preset number (2 bytes) followed by the name. But lets wait to see the full MIDI spec.

For the MFCs, I suspect the "get current scene name" and "get current preset name" requests are now returning scene number (1 byte) and preset number (2 bytes) followed by the name. But lets wait to see the full MIDI spec.
Well that is what I wished... ;-)

I keep getting this whenever I open Fractal Bot and select the Axe Fx III and can go no further. Could someone please help? Thank You. I've double checked all connections, should I try another USB cable or is there another way?

fullsizeoutput_ad8.jpeg

Yes, I forgot to upload the spec to the server before I left for vacation. I have internet access but not access to the revised document.

Yes, my only guess is maybe a bad USB cable, although it's brand new, I do have another one I can try though.
Yes try a new USB cable and make sure your cable is not too long and not through a hub or similar. I had the same issue and did the shorter directly to computer route and all worked fine.

Dave

Well, The problem seemed to solve itself. I did a restart and all is ok on the Axe 3. :D . Thanks for the update!

Last edited:
my Voes MC10 doesn't work anymore after this upgrade.
the feedback message are wrong, no anymore preset title, scenes names contains weird character.
Patrick @voes will check this firmware but something is changed compared to beta 1
thanks

Voes MC-AFX3 firmware updated (v. 1.2.0): adjusted to the New Fractal Midi Specs for reading Preset- and Scene-names, introduced in Axe-Fx III Firmware 1.15 Beta#2 or higher.

Back
Top Bottom