Change real amp settings through MFC-101

CrustOfSin

Hello guys, i am in trouble and need your help.
I have a JVM410HJS (real amp) an AXE FX2 XL and MFC101
what i need to do is.
1) Be able to switch presets from my mfc and while doing that change the JVM amp channels.
for example. preset 1 on mfc is with jvm channel 1 and preset 2 on the mfc is with the jvm channel 3.
2) after i change the patch on the mfc to be able to toggle on/off the effects on the axe fx through the mfc (the upper row on the mfc where i have phaser, drive, delay etc.

what i have done so far is:
i have connected my axe fx and jvm with a 4 cable method.
axe out2L TO jvm input,
axe out1L TO jvm return
axe in2L TO jvm send
axe input front TO guitar

mfc is connected to the axe fx like this: axe faslink TO mfc faslink

are those connections correct ?
do i need to change anythin else (in mfc menu, axe menu or whatever)
do i need an additional midi amp switcher? if so which one do u recommend that is available in the thomman website ?

extra question) after i succeed in doing all of the above, the plan is to be able to record some of our rehearsal by sending a DI of my guitar to the mixer so i can have a guitar track to reamp later on. I know i can set the axe fx out2L to echo input 1 of the axe fx to have that DI but since the out2L of the axe is already going to the jvm input how can i send it to the mixer ?

Two questions:

1. How you connected the MIDI in of your Amp?

2. Did you adjust your MFC Settings for Sending the Right Program Changes for your Amp? Right MIDI Channel etc?

Two questions:

1. How you connected the MIDI in of your Amp?

2. Did you adjust your MFC Settings for Sending the Right Program Changes for your Amp? Right MIDI Channel etc?

hello thanks for responding
1.MFC midi out TO jvm midi in. is that correct ?
2.what do i need to do for that ? can u guide me ?

he just said he was connecting to the JVM midi in from the mic midi out

That's the problem. If FASLINK is used between MFC & Axe-FX, the MIDI commands for the amp can only be sent from the Axe-FX MIDI Out port. "MFC ECHO TO MIDI OUT" also has to be enabled.

XjK7gGw.png

i connected the axe midi out to the amp midi in. but still cant figure out how to save
patch 1 on mfc with amp channel 1 and
patch 2 on mfc with amp channel 2
can u be more specific on how to do this ? would it be easier just to buy a midi switch pedal ? if so which on from the thomman website ?
maybe i need one more midi cable to connect axe fx and amp with THROUGH ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom