MFC-101 no longer available?

Hello,

i just visited the Fractal Shop and the G66 Shop and in both the MFC is not available anymore.

Is this because the new tariffs are hitting imports from china right now, or has this other reasons?

I hope the MFC will soon be available again :)

I think its phased out. It will not work seamlessly with the new AXE-FX III and once AXE-FX II is sold out its basically obsolete.

I have an MFC101 Mk III that I am no longer using. I switched to a Mastermind controller. I'm planning to list the MFC for sale this weekend, so if anyone is interested, ping me and we'll work out a deal!

I think its phased out. It will not work seamlessly with the new AXE-FX III and once AXE-FX II is sold out its basically obsolete.

Maybe I have a simple Solution for working seemlessly with Axe-FX III! Totalsync with some little limitations. But at the Moment, it is in prototyping Status But it is working!

I emailed them about this. Here is the response:
"The MFC-101 has been discontinued and will not be re-stocked. I'm sorry for any inconvenience."

womp womp

oh wow, a little hint would have been nice before discontinuing the MFC...

Fractal warning aus about a potential price increase, but not about discontinuing a product... :confused: :(

It`s pretty strange the MFC was removed from both shops (Fractal and G66) at literally the same time.

But thanks for the Information @Paincakes, i`ll give you a like for the Information but not the actual content :p

Are the II’s still be produced new in any version ? If not, given the new FC’s will be bought by most III users, I guess there really isn’t much point producing new MFC’s as probably not a ton of demand

I can only guess that they need to build them in bulk, and if an order minimum is say, 1000, and your only going to get 100 orders, the you’d have 900 unsold units

I still can't believe the new FC for the Axe Fx III has not been released. It has been 6 months since the III release and I, as well as many others, have held off buying the new unit because of this. A little delay, fine. But 6 months? And please don't start with "I want it to be right before they release it". No shit Sherlock....no one wants a POS device and that is besides the point.

I still can't believe the new FC for the Axe Fx III has not been released. It has been 6 months since the III release and I, as well as many others, have held off buying the new unit because of this. A little delay, fine. But 6 months? And please don't start with "I want it to be right before they release it". No shit Sherlock....no one wants a POS device and that is besides the point.
The causes for the delay have already been explained. Do we really need to beat this dead horse more? It won't get more dead...

The causes for the delay have already been explained. Do we really need to beat this dead horse more? It won't get more dead...
What is the cause? I have not heard. I don't want to search through dozens of threads. A quick search here, brought nothing.

Last edited:
What is the cause? I have not heard. I don't want to search through dozens of threads. A quick search here, brought nothing.
Initially, the engineer responsible was behind schedule.

More recently, it was mentioned that there is a problem sourcing one of the electronic components (a very commonly used component in consumer electronics) that is affecting many companies, not just Fractal.

As I understood it, at the release of Axe-Fx III, the XL+ and MFC was discontinued.
I am pretty sure it was written, and it would really make no sence to keep making the MFC when it cannot perfectly function with the 3 and the FC 6 + 12 is on the way.

I don't really see how this can come as a suprice now, 6 months later.

it would really make no sence to keep making the MFC when it cannot perfectly function with the 3
I disagree. There are still many Axe Fx units out there... And the MFC is a fairly capable midi controller with any device, not limited to Fractal products.

I am fairly active here, and I don't recall seeing anything about the MFC being discontinued before this thread.

In any case, I've already gotten mine and (somewhat) patiently awaiting the FC-12...

There are MFCs for sale in the forum....hint hint....buy mine, while it's still available.

Back
Top Bottom