MIDI pedal to control Axe-Fx III and more

andyp13

Power User
any suggestions?
I don’t think the FC6/12 is going to be any use for my needs due to the lack of MIDI options. I need to use some momentary switches into an Exp input to send CC’s on a different channel (the momentary is to engage an effect when holding down and stopping it when the pedal is released).
I also would need some switches on the pedal to send some CC’s out on different midi channels. I could do this on the MC-101 but from what I gather the new FC6/12 are not able to do this. So I need to find a pedal that will.

I thought I had found the right pedal in the Voes MC-10 but unfortunately it does not except momentary switches in the Exp inputs which is a real shame :(

any suggestions?
I don’t think the FC6/12 is going to be any use for my needs due to the lack of MIDI options. I need to use some momentary switches into an Exp input to send CC’s on a different channel (the momentary is to engage an effect when holding down and stopping it when the pedal is released).
I also would need some switches on the pedal to send some CC’s out on different midi channels. I could do this on the MC-101 but from what I gather the new FC6/12 are not able to do this. So I need to find a pedal that will.

I thought I had found the right pedal in the Voes MC-10 but unfortunately it does not except momentary switches in the Exp inputs which is a real shame :(
Why not use an MFC-101?

The RJM and FAMC stuff can do this... The Gordius can do it. All are relatively expensive by comparison.

Why not use an MFC-101?

The RJM and FAMC stuff can do this... The Gordius can do it. All are relatively expensive by comparison.

Cheers Unix-Guy, I emailed Gordius yesterday and they have gone out of business which is a shame as those pedals look really good. The Voes MC-10 looks good and excellent value also but it won’t do a momentary switch on the Ex1/2 inputs and this is one thing I definitely need.
I really want to keep useing my Axe III live - I did last week using my MC6 but the buttons are way too close together to use as a foot switch.
I need to sent CC’s and PC’s on various MIDI channels via the foot controller. I really don’t know if I should wait for the elusive Fractal FC but who knows when that will be, and from what I have gathered is that it’s MIDI capability is going to be virtually nonexistent..... so I need to get the right pedal.
FAMC are not available in the UK and I read that the tech help and support is really poor...I did email them for info over three weeks ago and never got a reply.
I am tempted to use my MFC-101 but I need to sell it as a package with my Axe II.

I recommend the FAMC Liquid Foot+ (LF+) PRO+. It has 24 foot switches and you can connect multiple LF+ together I use a 12+ and PRO+ so I have 36 foot switches. The pedal spacing isn't too close but I don't assign functions next to important pedals.

I setup songs and use a different preset for each song section and have them listed in the order of the song. I have a pedal setup, so I only need to press one pedal to advance through the songs presets, so I never have to remember what pedal to press. I just press the one pedal for every song section change like Intro, Verse, Pre Chorus, Chorus. I have a back pedal setup just in case I accidentally double tap the main pedal.

I get my Axe-Fx III tonight and will be updating my Liquid Foot+ Tutorial on the Wiki soon.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+

Feel free to ask any questions or want me to test anything to see if it does what you need.

Cheers Unix-Guy, I emailed Gordius yesterday and they have gone out of business which is a shame as those pedals look really good. The Voes MC-10 looks good and excellent value also but it won’t do a momentary switch on the Ex1/2 inputs and this is one thing I definitely need.
I really want to keep useing my Axe III live - I did last week using my MC6 but the buttons are way too close together to use as a foot switch.
I need to sent CC’s and PC’s on various MIDI channels via the foot controller. I really don’t know if I should wait for the elusive Fractal FC but who knows when that will be, and from what I have gathered is that it’s MIDI capability is going to be virtually nonexistent..... so I need to get the right pedal.
FAMC are not available in the UK and I read that the tech help and support is really poor...I did email them for info over three weeks ago and never got a reply.
I am tempted to use my MFC-101 but I need to sell it as a package with my Axe II.
I've heard that Xavier (the guy behind Gordius, and also the UNO chip for FCB1010) is working on another product... But I don't know any details.

The Gordius stuff actually started as an external "brain" to control the FCB1010... Eventually turned into full blown controllers.

You can find them used, but not very often. The most programmable midi controller I've ever encountered.

I'd go with RJM because the support is apparently on a level with FAS and they've already got Axe Fx III integration in beta.

Also, you could check out BJ Devices... Especially with the addition of the custom open source firmware by @GM Arts... Who I think is working on integration, too.

I'd go with RJM because the support is apparently on a level with FAS and they've already got Axe Fx III integration in beta.

Also, you could check out BJ Devices... Especially with the addition of the custom open source firmware by @GM Arts... Who I think is working on integration, too.

Edit:
Confirmed type GM Arts firmware has Axe Fx III integration:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-bj-devices-models.124744/page-3#post-1683800

Edit 2:
RJM released an update:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/rjm-mastermind-gt-22-compatibility.136630/page-6#post-1683839

Cheers guys, I emailed FAMC and also RJM, RJM got back to me straight away, FAMC haven’t yet, I also emailed FAMC over three weeks ago but they haven’t replied.
I know both of these pedals will be good, and both seem that they will do a similar job.
The RJM 10 switch pedal is $1,299 + $100 post
The FAMC 12 switch is $899
I’m just not sure what the RJM will give me for the extra money over the FAMC.
What’s your thoughts guys....

RJM GT-10 or FAMC LF+12
Any preferences...

RJM GT Mastermind is high priced but you get good support and they fix bugs pretty quickly.

FAMC no longer makes the LF+ 12+ but still sells the LF+ JR+ (8 pedals) and PRO+ (24 pedals). Their support can be slow or sometimes non-existent. I haven't looked to see if any new features have been added to the RJM GTMM in over a year but the LF+ had more features that I needed like being able to export settings to a spreadsheet, quickly make changes and then import the spreadsheet. I find that to be much faster than having to edit each individual preset, song, set list or sysex msg.

I recommend the FAMC Liquid Foot+ (LF+) PRO+. It has 24 foot switches and you can connect multiple LF+ together I use a 12+ and PRO+ so I have 36 foot switches. The pedal spacing isn't too close but I don't assign functions next to important pedals.

I setup songs and use a different preset for each song section and have them listed in the order of the song. I have a pedal setup, so I only need to press one pedal to advance through the songs presets, so I never have to remember what pedal to press. I just press the one pedal for every song section change like Intro, Verse, Pre Chorus, Chorus. I have a back pedal setup just in case I accidentally double tap the main pedal.

I get my Axe-Fx III tonight and will be updating my Liquid Foot+ Tutorial on the Wiki soon.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+

Feel free to ask any questions or want me to test anything to see if it does what you need.

Cheers GotMetalBoy, I just wish that FAMC support was good, that’s the main thing I worry about...at the moment I can’t buy one because they will not reply to me.... RJM got back to me straight away, good support means a lot to me but the RJM are nearly double the price. :(

I believe the Nekar Pacer will do what you want if you’re looking for an inexpensive alternative. It’s a fairly new product and the documentation still needs some additional information added but the support has been great. It really feels really well built too.

RJM GT Mastermind is high priced but you get good support and they fix bugs pretty quickly.

FAMC no longer makes the LF+ 12+ but still sells the LF+ JR+ (8 pedals) and PRO+ (24 pedals). Their support can be slow or sometimes non-existent. I haven't looked to see if any new features have been added to the RJM GTMM in over a year but the LF+ had more features that I needed like being able to export settings to a spreadsheet, quickly make changes and then import the spreadsheet. I find that to be much faster than having to edit each individual preset, song, set list or sysex msg.

FAMC are still selling the Liquid Foot +12+ on their web site?
The have not mentioned that it’s discontinued..... that’s worrying.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-28_17-12-38.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-28_17-12-38.jpeg
    2.6 KB · Views: 5
  • upload_2018-8-28_17-12-39.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-28_17-12-39.jpeg
    2.6 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-8-28_17-12-39.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-28_17-12-39.jpeg
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
FAMC are still selling the Liquid Foot +12+ on their web site?
The have not mentioned that it’s discontinued..... that’s worrying.

If you click the 12+ Buy Now button it says it's out of stock. It's been out of stock for a few years. The JR+ was out of stock for a while but they recently got them back in stock. The FAMC manual isn't very user friendly and they don't have a manual for the Editor but if you hover your cursor over items, a help window pops up.

My LF+ works perfectly but it's a challenge every time I need to make changes because it's so complex. The biggest issue I had was that there's nothing in the manual about how to setup 2-way real-time syncing and when you have it enabled, many other functions are disabled. 2-way real-time syncing works great with the Axe-Fx II but it hasn't been added yet for the Axe-Fx III. My Axe-Fx III arrives today, if I don't miss UPS again, so I setup my LF+ last night for the Axe-Fx III. I disabled all the 2-way real-time syncing and tested it with my Axe-Fx II and everything worked perfectly. When I get my Axe-Fx III I'm going to set all the CC's the same as my Axe-Fx II and I'll have to add a bunch of Channel IA's but I'll be able to use my LF+ for my Axe-Fx II and III.

That’s a real shame that the LF+12 is not made any more, the LF+ is just way too big, wat to many buttons for me. So I guess that rules out FAMC pedals - real shame.
But if they have had discontinued pedals on their site for over a year, and the fact that they have never bothered to answer my emails says quite a lot about them - so it may be wise for me to stay away from them.
I might buy a Voes MC10 for now....and eventually get a RJM GT10.

[QUOTE="andyp13, post: 1683416, member: 39434"
I thought I had found the right pedal in the Voes MC-10 but unfortunately it does not except momentary switches in the Exp inputs which is a real shame :([/QUOTE]

On request, new firmware MC-MIDI--2.3.0 will now support external (momentary) switches. Both External Inputs can be programmed as Expression pedal, Momentary or normal On/Off Switch.

photo-08.jpg

[QUOTE="andyp13, post: 1683416, member: 39434"

On request, new firmware MC-MIDI--2.3.0 will now support external (momentary) switches. Both External Inputs can be programmed as Expression pedal, Momentary or normal On/Off Switch.

photo-08.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Now that’s service for ya :)

Well guys I have bought a Voes MC-10 along with the V-Box, so I can use and power it with one Ethercon cable.
I bombarded Patrick with loads of questions and, not only did he answer them he sorted out the only thing it couldn’t do (see above).... that is what I call great support (as is Fractal)...
Thank you Patrick.

The JR+ was out of stock for a while but they recently got them back in stock.

Hi. @GotMetalBoy Do you know if they are gonna make more of this? I was going to buy bat the page says You cannot add "Liquid Foot+ Junior+" to the cart because the product is out of stock

After a long research I thought that this is perfect for me but... out of stock. :(

Any informatión will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi. @GotMetalBoy Do you know if they are gonna make more of this? I was going to buy bat the page says You cannot add "Liquid Foot+ Junior+" to the cart because the product is out of stock

After a long research I thought that this is perfect for me but... out of stock. :(

Any informatión will be appreciated. Thanks

I'm not sure what FAMC is doing because they have no LF+ models in stock. They make great products but are one of the most unorganized businesses. I think they need someone like Gordon Ramsay from Hell's Kitchen to straighten them out. Now that would make for some great reality TV :D

Back
Top Bottom