I loose volume output over time. Power down and up and its back again

I am now running Quantum 10.01 but this was happening to some extent on my previous rev 8.02. After about 30-40mins of playing live I notice that my volume seems lower. I am aware of volume fatigue so previously put it down to my ears. However after having a couple of lock ups mid gig I realised that powering down and back up gain made the volume much louder .......back to the original output level I assume. Has anyone e;se experienced this and is there a solution?

Cheers

I am now running Quantum 10.01 but this was happening to some extent on my previous rev 8.02. After about 30-40mins of playing live I notice that my volume seems lower. I am aware of volume fatigue so previously put it down to my ears. However after having a couple of lock ups mid gig I realised that powering down and back up gain made the volume much louder .......back to the original output level I assume. Has anyone e;se experienced this and is there a solution?

Cheers

Do you use an expression pedal? Or something that control your volume?

Do you use an expression pedal? Or something that control your volume?

I do use an expression pedal for 6dB of boost when soloing. That continues to work ok ( the normal position is obviously the lower output) it is just the overall volume drops over time. Any Ideas welcome.

Perhaps rule out that it's not something to do with the expression pedal by testing the system at home with it's modifier disabled or the block it controls bypassed with bypass set to thru.

Having lock ups does not sound good. Is it any particular preset that this seems to happens on? High CPU usage? What foot controller do you use and how's it connected?

If it was happening to me I'd probably start by just disconnecting all external devices and testing the AxeFX direct to a monitoring system. Maybe note the VU meters reading in the Utility menu at the start - play a bit - leave it a bit and come back and play again and see if it's dropped any. If it does drop without externals attached it should narrow the issue down to something in the AxeFX .... if it doesn't drop then start re-introducing the externals one at a time and repeat the testing.

Did you try to disconnect the pedal?

I had problems with a fractal EV-1 pedal used for volume control. It kinda had a life of its own and showed similar problems as yours. Having 2 x EV-1's it was quite easy to narrow the problem to the pedal.
G66 sent me a replacement and everything was ok :)

Volume drops when amps get warm.
Just to eliminate that your monitor isn't running at it's limit....when you pause playing it can cool down again so any break would fix the problem for a moment.

BTW same can happen when headphone amps are faulty or when the headphones resistance is too low.

Perhaps rule out that it's not something to do with the expression pedal by testing the system at home with it's modifier disabled or the block it controls bypassed with bypass set to thru.

Having lock ups does not sound good. Is it any particular preset that this seems to happens on? High CPU usage? What foot controller do you use and how's it connected?

If it was happening to me I'd probably start by just disconnecting all external devices and testing the AxeFX direct to a monitoring system. Maybe note the VU meters reading in the Utility menu at the start - play a bit - leave it a bit and come back and play again and see if it's dropped any. If it does drop without externals attached it should narrow the issue down to something in the AxeFX .... if it doesn't drop then start re-introducing the externals one at a time and repeat the testing.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Some good advice there on partitioning the problem. I will try. I use a Behringer FCB1010 and the lockups are a random thing when changing presets but not a specific preset change, so very hard to replicate the problem. I will try removing the FCB and seeing what happens with volume over time. Cheers!

Volume drops when amps get warm.
Just to eliminate that your monitor isn't running at it's limit....when you pause playing it can cool down again so any break would fix the problem for a moment.

BTW same can happen when headphone amps are faulty or when the headphones resistance is too low.

Hi. It happens when I turn off the Axe FX and back on again not my amp. Sudden increase in volume for the same preset when it comes back on..

Cheers

I seemed to have this happening a year or so with my AX8. I wasn't sure if the issue was my AX8 or my CLR, but it was very sporadic so hard to test. I wiped the AX8 and reinstalled all the firmware and haven't had the problem since.

Back
Top Bottom