NGD! means NEW GUITAR DAY!

gigawatt

Experienced
Well, I guess no-one here is interested in guitars anymore :(. I had been watching this one for a while, along with another quite popular guitarist's signature model, or rather he designed it and they built it. It was a tough decision, one guitar I knew quite well, a Randy Rhoads Concorde, you know the one that's white with the black pinstripes named after a supersonic jet, she was sleek and beautiful, but in a different way. Like an office worker in, you know the one that wears those tight striped slacks. The other, a green eyed vixen from California, she was high class, and did she like accessories. She sparkled in the moonlight, like a well seasoned movie star, she wore more jewelry than Liberace. Sometimes you couldn't even look at her in fear of being blinded by her glitteryness. :)rolleyes:)

Meet the first dame, on the outside she was as plain as black and white, but on the inside, on the inside..... Edit: This pic has been changed from the original;
Bbe concorde-mark-32-guitar.jpg
...and you had better watch out for she was like a shark, she was a man-eater, watch out boy she'll chew you up.
RR LTD 1992.jpg
But she's not why we're here, we're her for a special someone. OK I can't do this anymore, Stephen! I'm not, no, ... Well now that that's outta the way, that's all the pics I have of her, but I think I have a one of her sister ;).
yg4wsngdtb18vdovqfvu.jpg

Hey, where did she go? Oh I see, or don't see, I knew I should have changed that blanket to one of a different color :oops:. Ok enough of them, hope you're still there... And the NG (new girl) is:
IMG_2272.JPG
She doesn't mind the white blanket ;)... and one of the smoothest necks I've ever laid hands on, very polished. She looks good laying down. I told her previous owner I'd give her a good home and a new name, I'd don't like the idea of her having a previous owner :mad:. I have to think of a name b4 I finish this post...
Green Spark Strapped Resized.jpg
I'm not sure I'm on board with this but she's into S&M and likes to be strapped up... :eek: ^ She was said to have a JB and a '59 under the hood but the '59 sounds a bit like a Jazz; brighter I guess, she sounds beautiful with both engaged for clean tones. I kind of miss the EMG pots in my "ex wife," they were much smoother and faster, and scratchier.... than the CTS. I guess I'll have to play with her switch instead ;).
Green Spark controls.jpg
Jackson Green Back KV2.jpg

She got a trem stop installed under the hood, look how far in those screws are! and she's currently tuned in Eb. I had to tune her up to 440 because the truss rod was loose and their was a little back bow to her neck, and I had to add another spring. Thank you Ibanez Jem 77P! Geez that guitar has been a Godsend, (she had an extra one).
IMG_2314.JPG
Hello real MOP sharky inlays and logo, and ebony wood, Nice to see you again :). Ruh roh, she's missing something...
TRC KV REVISED.png
I should hopefully have this (the real one) for her sometime next week I hope, I think she'll like it. I can't wait to see her headstock when she opens the box and puts it on ;). So, ours is a love affair, she gets better everyday, although a little bright at times, it's better than dim though right?
IMG_2271.JPG
That's the limit, hope I didn't make you sick with my candor but I think this is the first time I've truly been in love.

:D:D

Attachments

• RR Concorde Front Schaller.jpg
    RR Concorde Front Schaller.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
There's just a couple more ;)
GKV W CASE.jpg
IMG_2302.JPG Jackson Green frets KV2 2.jpg Green Sparkle partial.jpg
IMG_2278.jpg IMG_2303.jpg

FYI, I've never called a guitar "she" or "her" before, but the way she changes colors with different lighting, changes her tone, sometimes feels rigid other times she's flexible, yeah, she's a woman alright. ;)

Last edited:
Pff, I told you the last guitar thread wouldn't be your last one. Dare I say it again? *cough* post whore *cough*

I did. :p

HEY! Are you bringin that cough into my thread?! Did you get some Robitussin like I told you? You keep that Andromeda Strain in your own threads ya hear? :mad: now get off my icloud!

For those of you too young to know "Andromeda Strain" look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Andromeda_Strain_(film)

And now back to the program.

GEEEZ! Can I at least get a "Congrats?" Loosen up a little..... hey, It's almost Friday! :p:D

Gosh darnitt @Muad'zin now you've gone and scared everyone away from my thread with that confounded coughing contagion of yours! Bring some Lysol next time. :mask:

Back
Top Bottom