Can anyone tell if this is really Axe-Fx 3 or is it fake?

wOW, i JUST CHECKED OUT THE OTHER VIDEO POSTED HERE. I don't know, this just sounds TOO real in the other video & this one to really just be the Axe III. There has to be post processing or something added to that. My Axe 3 will be in my hands in about 3 more weeks, so I will upload the preset he uploaded of that and find out if its really the Axe 3 or a real amp. Because those 2 video sound like real amps. Sounds like some old Blues amp BB King used at the Regal or something.

Yes, it sounds like BB King playing on a vintage amp live at the Regal.... sure don't sound like no digital fractal modeler.
If this is really the product of a Fractal 3, then maybe Joe Bonnamassa should just sell off all his amps and buy one of these, I mean if these 2 clips are really the Fractal 3, who needs vintage amps?

Well, welcome. You're in for a new world.

FWIW, don't imagine that anyone else's presets will work perfectly for you. Get the unit...LEARN IT, and make it work for you. Many of us have had spotty results with other's presets (some work, some not so much.) You will have to learn how to tailor them to your playing, your guitar.

If you look around on artists, you'll find many have done that very thing, and gone with Fractal in full. There are also many that use it strictly for FX.

I might take umbrage that you would say 'It don't sound like no digital fractal modeler'...since if you look around on Youtube, 'digital' is not synonymous with 'sterile'. FAS has made something that is the best thing on the market; and you now have 200+ amps and 1000's of Cabs at your fingertips. If you can't make it sound great, it's on you, not the equipment.

Good luck, and again, welcome.

R

It would be interestng to clone this preset into the II and make a comparison

Your avatar is sooo CUTE :) I'd be fascinated to here whaty that sounds like too.

@electronpirate - Very well said and @loveme2times I bought the Ultra 10 years ago and just bought the Axe III about 2 months ago and it is light years past the Ultra, or anything else on the market, it is that good. The only thing I would like would be an input level knob for a certain situation that most folks wouldn't use. The way it works now is it senses the signal from your guitar and adjusts automatically, but I was having a problem with a wireless clipping on a firmly hit G string and a level control would have helped diagnose where it was coming from; either the wireless, or the Axe Fx. I eventually figured out it was the wireless transmitter/bodypack. Welcome :)

Speaking of fakes....

Kind of have to be a little skeptical about someone who creates a new account here seemingly for the purpose of suggesting the III is a fake lol. We’ve certainly been down that route before. Remember the thread trying to help that guy emulate the first 5 seconds of some old Police song which went on for like 10 pages.

Long story short OP, the III sounds just like an amp. Get yours in 3 weeks, play it, make up your own mind. If you don’t think it sounds like an amp and you need 10 pages of debate with people trying to help you find, ultimately for you to make the statement that digital can’t sound as good, more power to ya, and “I told you do” to everyone else lol.

I personally think the III sounds better than any amps I’ve owned, simply becasue I can’t crank the volume, don’t have a bunch of mics or cabs for record amps with etc. the Axe lets me nail a cranked amp running through a high end signal chain into the board, in my home, at any time, and at any volume.

Bottom line, it sounds real, it sounds great, and I think when you get yours you should find the same.

Well...Fractal is the real deal...and yes Joe Bona and other artists could easily sell off all their gear to play this live and in the studio but they have much resources to have the playground they want. I always felt this way - I can bring any amp/guitar to any gig/session and most likely make it work somehow, but what I really want is something works no matter what...no fighting with it. Just "it".

For a long time I had many guitars and amps that I loved - but never really covered "everything" I do.
So, there was a compromise...
Until now...

As I said before the ONLY real limitations I run into is not having unlimited CPU (which if it can get figured out - Cliff probably can) and hours in the day (and maybe this too lol)

Hi my friends, here i am :)
In those two videos you’re listening only the Axe III, recorded straight to my Apollo with Logic Pro X. No Vst added, no plug in, no EQ, no post production, just guitar and Axe III.

The amps you see behind me are switched off. Can’t see the Axe because it’s on my desk, near my mac.

Unfortunately the initial "clean" part is very short, I love that sound, I'll record something else because it really deserves.
However I'll take this 3D as a compliment (but the credit is from Axe III)

You had some Derek Trucks tone going on too towards the end of the video, some of those bends almost sounded slide like. For sure had that gritty springy vintage tone in spades man. I see those are the only 2 Fractal Axe 3 videos you have, I am hoping you make a dozen more soon! I like hearing what you can get out of that thing.

You had some Derek Trucks tone going on too towards the end of the video, some of those bends almost sounded slide like. For sure had that gritty springy vintage tone in spades man. I see those are the only 2 Fractal Axe 3 videos you have, I am hoping you make a dozen more soon! I like hearing what you can get out of that thing.

wow, I'm embarrassed by the beautiful words, you're too kind. when i'll be back from my holidays, for sure I'll do more videos. thanks for the encouragement

Back
Top Bottom