Purchased my first Axe-Fx II and looking for expression pedal recommendations

t_bob76

Hi all I have recently purchased my first Fractal unit (a used Axe-fx II and MFC-101 both mk ii) and I was hoping for some guidance on expression pedals that play well with this model. I have a budget of about $450 Aussie dollars for two pedals (including cables etc) so that puts the EV-1 out of the equation for me based on local prices. Could anyone recommend expression/volume pedal brands and models that might fit that budget that work well with the mk ii please?

People seem to like Mission pedals. Ernie ball volume pedals can be used too. I use a roland ev-5 that works great. Boss makes a nice expression pedal called the FV-500H.

Last edited:
Recently got a Dunlop DVP3 and love it. I use a mission for my wah pedal, but the Dunlop is great for blending and other stuff, so smooth.

I bought an EV2 and it was way too small for me, IMHO YMMV.

Mission for wah. I understand that the EV2 might be too small for some, but I have 2 of them and love them for controlling effects.

Hi all I have recently purchased my first Fractal unit (a used Axe-fx II and MFC-101 both mk ii) and I was hoping for some guidance on expression pedals that play well with this model. I have a budget of about $450 Aussie dollars for two pedals (including cables etc) so that puts the EV-1 out of the equation for me based on local prices. Could anyone recommend expression/volume pedal brands and models that might fit that budget that work well with the mk ii please?

Our own EV-1 or EV-2.

The FV500's are massive. I have one but I much prefer the EV1

Get an EV1 for Volume/Effect blend and get a cheaper one for the Wah type effects.

I like the Fractal EV1 for volume and effect speeds and the mission pedal for wah and whammy.
Ok, everyone, put on your glasses ;)

OP stated that EV-1 is not an option...

Get a spring loaded capable mission pedal.
I plan too when I can be bothered to pony up the cash for something that’s generally not that fun of a purchase.
The white one is clearly the coolest too.

Depends on what you want to use them for. I'm very happy with my Mission EP-1 pedals (with and without spring), but some don't like the shorter sweep for "fine" control.

Is this for gigging, home use only, etc? There are many "budget" pedals out there that will work but may not be the most durable.

I've been using a couple of Roland EV5's for probably 20+ years. I have them on my pedalboard now for use with a Fractal EV 1. I use the EV 1 for volume and the EV 5s for wah and other stuff. They work fine, are inexpensive and obviously are durable.

I believe they are what Dweezil Zappa uses here. https://www.dweezilzappa.com/pages/guitar-rig
You have to scroll down to see it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom