Using the Looper with PEQ

Brian Greco

Inspired
Hi everyone,

Hope all is well

This evening I was trying to EQ one of my AFX tones in my DAW using Pro Q2. Basically, I had a loop of the tone playing while I did my EQ’ing. Standard stuff.

I thought I might try this same approach using the looper block while adjusting frequencies in the AFX PEQ block (all blocks are placed on the grid in a linear fashion).

I noticed that as I was trying to manipulate the frequencies, the sound coming out did not change the frequency response, even though the PEQ block was selected. Is this because you can only utilize one block at a time?

Is there a way to actually do this? If I placed the looper block at different location on the grid could this work?

Thanks,
Brian

The Looper has to be placed before anything you want to adjust while hearing the loop. This is standard signal path logic.

The Looper has to be placed before anything you want to adjust while hearing the loop. This is standard signal path logic.
Hey Chris,
I appreciate your help. You’re right, in a standard signal chain, the looper would be first. I have found that there’s so much versatility to the AXF that I go into this world of exploration and sometimes lose sight of how the the world of physical gear is laid out.

Thanks for the reply and the help.
Brian

Back
Top Bottom