Axe-Fx III Wish List

Don’t know if this has been implemented, but one cool feature of the kemper is that certain blocks/FX can be “locked” so when you change to a different profile, the FX is instantiated in the new profile.

For example, i always have a simple delay locked - no need to add it to every saved profile. With a 1000 profiles saved to the unit, plus about 20,000 in my library, that’s a YUGE endeavor.

Would love this for some blocks like wah, mod, compressor, so ypu can have a standard pedal board, and just change amp/cab or other blocks when scrolling through the different models. Putting a wah block in every patch is extremely time consumming and most users would want a standard set-up instead of adding the FX to each patch or copying tne patch over and over again.

Yeah, I’m lazy, but i prefer playing, not programming.

I thought I saw where "effects recall" was dropped in the III. I used this feature a lot. When I dialed in a nice reverb or something it was really easy to use this feature to copy that fx into any other patch.

I've always wanted a dot or something to show the original value when editing. Also, I'd like an "edit buffer" so I could a/b compare the tweaked version of a patch with the original version without having to save either.

I thought I saw where "effects recall" was dropped in the III. I used this feature a lot. When I dialed in a nice reverb or something it was really easy to use this feature to copy that fx into any other patch.

I've always wanted a dot or something to show the original value when editing. Also, I'd like an "edit buffer" so I could a/b compare the tweaked version of a patch with the original version without having to save either.
You can use Axe Edit saved block library to store blocks and load a block into another preset.

Don’t know if this has been implemented, but one cool feature of the kemper is that certain blocks/FX can be “locked” so when you change to a different profile, the FX is instantiated in the new profile.

For example, i always have a simple delay locked - no need to add it to every saved profile. With a 1000 profiles saved to the unit, plus about 20,000 in my library, that’s a YUGE endeavor.

Would love this for some blocks like wah, mod, compressor, so ypu can have a standard pedal board, and just change amp/cab or other blocks when scrolling through the different models. Putting a wah block in every patch is extremely time consumming and most users would want a standard set-up instead of adding the FX to each patch or copying tne patch over and over again.

Yeah, I’m lazy, but i prefer playing, not programming.
i don't know how the Kemper works at all, but when you say "change to a different profile" is that an actual "preset"? or is that similar to changing the Amp Type in the Amp block on the Axe-Fx, where you aren't changing Preset Numbers, but just adjusting something in the current preset?

It is both preset and profile. So, yes, it is like changing Amp/cab on an Axe preset, bit also can be don’t for all patches. For example, the KPA can store 1000 profiles in the unit. When locing the delay. When switching patches, the delay stays on with the same settings.

If i hook up the KPA vis USB and load the RIG EXCHANGE, i can load/preview all 20,000 profiles (1 at a time of course) into temp memory, and have the locked delay on. Several other blocks can be locked as well.

Pretty cool feature - saves time from adding the same 500 ms delay to esch profile.

Not sure if you can override the “lock” on a per patch basis though - never tried, but will over the weekend.

Now if Chris Kemper would make an editor (after 5 years of everyone whinning for it), that would be great. Also, don’t love their footpedal implementation (unless i don’t know what I’m doing), but it is programming nightmare to set it up to turn on/off the FX blocks. MFC stomps all over that.

The Kemper has a fixed routing. This would never work on the Axe-Fx.

Agreed. Different paradigms. Both have some unique features that don’t work on the other system. You can have’em all.

We are actually blessed that each of these amazing machines does provide an extreme amount of flexibility. There have been very few times where i read a thread of someone asking “can i do this?” and someone figured out a way to accomplish that particular set-up.

To do what i want to do is,pretty simple - run a delay in the loop (of course, i would then have to put an FX loop in each patch, so pribably easier to just a Delay block in each.

Always a solution - may not be the easiest, but at least it can be done.

Also, I would love to have some additional TEXT FIELDS associated with blocks and presets, so a small sentence of information could be saved with blocks or presets. For amp blocks it would be great to be able to save something like the Synopsis info from Yek's amp guide. For presets, I'd love to be able to save some notes that might be searchable somewhere in Axe-Edit: ie: "Five scene preset for Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, optimized for Strat with DG20 pickups." ... just looking for some open 64 character or 128 character fields that users could save some custom text.

I was thinking along the same lines yesterday: Searchable Scenes, like Presets, in Axe-Edit. It would be especially handy for preset packs like @austinbuddy 's Naked Amps Pack (unabashed plug because it's freakin' amazing!)

Hi unix-guy

Can you get the tuner to display on your MFC? Or did you mean just toggle it on/off?

Cheers
Paul
It's been a while since I posted that... I was either referring to engaging the Tuner (on the Axe Fx III) from the MFC or I was thinking of the Axe Fx II.

You can't display the tuner on the MFC with the Axe Fx III.

A way to control the Axe FX through software like a VST so that automation using the effects on the Axe and post processing and become easier. Perhaps something like Helix Native but something that will only work only if you have the Axe FX and something that could utilize the processing power of the Axe like the products from Universal Audio do.

Back
Top Bottom