AustinBuddy Naked Amps Tone Pack (still) Rules! ... New Website up...FM3...coming soon(ish)

The updated Q.10.01 version of the Mark II 700+ Naked Amps TonePack is now available.

This version includes the ability to use some of the XL/AX8 Factory Cabs that run from 133 to 189 in those units and map them to Mark II version of 700+ Naked Amps presets by installing them into your USER Cabs. Documentation has been updated showing you what Cab substitutions were made from XL to Mark II. Also, the Cleans-Only bank has been updated for humbuckers in terms of leveling (see README notes) and the three new amps added in Q10.01 can be found in the updated Cleans-Only bank.

If you purchased a Mark II TonePack version before, simply log into your account created at AustinBuddy, and the updated 10.01 should appear in your downloads area.

If you did not create an account, you can still do so (please use same email you made original order under) but I have to manually link your new account to your past order so allow 48-72 hours to process. \

No account? You'll have to email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com and I will regenerate a download link for you for 10.01. Please include your original order info -- email, invoice # and date to help speed up order location.

Enjoy!

This is just excellent! I was hoping this would be available for the weekend as I have some time to create / record. AustinBuddy, I appreciate your efforts, and that this is a "gift that keeps giving".

Terry.

Okay, fixed the download for Mark II to be in Mark II format (not XL), so if you login it should be good to go.

Check out the updated READMEs, including the one on preset names/cab names for Mark II cab substitutions. For the 10.01 version, you now can manually map back to XL version partially (not for all) if you load some of the provided XL-only cabs into your User Cabs and then point presets to those using the sheet as a guide and save.

Enjoy!

Just installed 10.1 presets. They are fantastic! I cant stress enough, how much the austinbuddy's cabs compliment these presets. Thanks again.

@austinbuddy I got your collection for the axefx2 and just upgraded to the 3... will I be able to get the update you are working on for the axefx3 through my account? Is it full cost or discounted at all?

Excellent pack and thanks.

@austinbuddy I got your collection for the axefx2 and just upgraded to the 3... will I be able to get the update you are working on for the axefx3 through my account? Is it full cost or discounted at all?

Excellent pack and thanks.

Hi Clickonce:

Thanks for the question, lets me get some info out there.

The forthcoming 1000+ Axe III TonePack is reworked and not a simple port-over, as ARES firmware is different from existing Quantum in many respects tonally, and so it really is a new and separate product, requiring re-diaing and tweaking. Lot of low- cut in Cab Block at 100Hz for example compared to previous 50Hz (except for the more metal amps), because ARES firmware has better and tighter bottom end definition for sure. Sometimes used amp EQ in ARES to add more high mids definition that I liked in 8.02 for example.

My goal is that repeat TonePack buyers will still have access in this ARES Axe III version to virtually all of the core Tones from the 700+ TonePack they may love, BUT understand that the new coming Axe III TonePack expands well beyond that. It has new and more amp tonal variations, plus different cab pairings (and extra choices available to user) using some of the new 2048 Factory Cabs for more realistic sounds. In most cases, lots more scenes are added per amp (than the two scene per amp in the currently available Ax8 and Axe-Fx TonePack). I'm over 180 presets already -- with most presets having 6 to 8 scenes -- This may end up being the 1400+ TonePack by the time I really finish! I will stop at 256 presets total no matter what, so that everything fits into two banks.

The Axe III 1000+ TonePack preset signal chain will have more blocks there and available (like noisegate options, drives, delay, reverb and a looper placed last) to make it easier to get your own effects sounds going. Professionally leveling everything is the very last step and also takes time to do right -- 1000+ sounds is LOT!

It's coming along well, 80% of the presets are done, adding some new cool ones I designed that are more "finished" and useful as well. Cool surprises. Some are even based on factory presets I did for the FX8, like Jazz Organ Exp Pdl1.

Possibly ready for release in early July, if not sooner. It's a third or more more sounds/tones then the 700+ pack, and will cost more, but I assure you it will be worth it -- and still a fantastic overall value. I also want to pack some great bass tones into this one, but if I run out of runway may do all those separately later.

Part of the price charged builds in that I may have to do some free updates over the next year or so, as Cliff is prolific in evolving the firmware. I haven't charged customers extra for updates so far -- and those updates (and considerable time they can take) are thus baked in the product price for a year. Could change in future, but that's the way it is now.

In the end, it's going to be a true Swiss army knife tool of 1000 great guitar tones that helps you maximize your Fractal -- for less than the cost of a single real-world pedal. Record producers are going to swoon over some of this stuff. I'm also trying to cover a lot of different genres and also guitar/pickup types in this one....so be patient, it's coming in next few weeks!

Last edited:
HOLY MOLY!!!

I just bought the Austin Buddy Tone Pack, and spent the last few hours auditioning tones and narrowing down ones I want to use. I have been going through a musical funk (not the good kind) for a long time- probably 9 months now haven't been playing much. Have a new cover band on the horizon and decided to get a jump start on redoing basic tones. So much goodness and different amps that would not be on my radar! Got through about 80% of one bank tonight, have 30 saved to the "short list" that I really like a lot, and have a huge grin on my face. So much juicy goodness in this stuff! Thank you!

One surprise at the end... I think I could get through a rehearsal/audition using just Scene 1 of RUBY ROCKET patch with volume knob and pickup selectors on my strat. I think I had diddled with it before and didn't find anything special on my own.

I couldn’t be happier to update this thread to include @austinbuddy ’s latest incredible collection for the Axe Fx III....the wait is over!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is spectacular.

Well,... A few hours ago I loaded both banks of the presets onto my AXE FX.
WOW
WOW
just WOW

My 'normal' flow when getting a shitload of presets like this, is to load them all, then go through each with the thought 'would I ever use this sound?'. The theory being that if I can hear a potential use, I'll keep it.
Well... with this set, I think I dropped less than 10! They are just so good. You know when you change to a preset, and just start playing, and the sound influences not just what you play, but leans you to a certain genre because of it's obvious link to that genre? These presets are like that - very 'pure' I guess.. like an amp with no crazy delays etc.

Congratulations Austinbuddy - again you have blown my mind.

Pauly

Longtime fractal fanatic and content creator @austinbuddy , a modest but very talented fella, quietly released this week what I believe may be one of the most important 3rd party releases in FAS history on his new website www.austinbuddy.com , his Naked Amps pack, which is just that, very little fancy--schmancy
Routings or FX chains, just , to my ears, the finest sounding amp/cab combinations , well balanced for volume and as clear and present as any presets I have heard using exclusively (for the most part) stock IRs and I do believe that just about every amp is represented....seems to me this set is a missing link that any Fractal owner could benefit much from.
EDIT 7/14/18. THE AXEFX III VERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED FOR PURCHASE AT A DISCOUNT FOR OWNERS OF THE PREVIOUS PAK..
ALL NEWLY DESIGNED AND SOUNDING AMAZING....CHECK IT OUT....
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...k-for-the-axe-fx-iii-is-now-available.140757/

Oh.. and the bass amps!!! I'm gonna sell my BK7 - the bass amps in this pack are usable.... and good!
Thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom