FX8 MK2 with Mesa Boogie MK4....

everything is working now, thanks again....I think the part where you said to try switching channels while in the config page lite my bulb. I was confused cause they show a zillion numbers, now I realize what these numbers represent all the possible scenarios. Thanks a bunch for your help. Are you using a gate for channel 3, especially when the solo boost is on?

ty again, sorry I made it 100x more difficult....ok i'll work on that tonight. Work awesome so far and I love scenes, so cool....this 61 year old is having a blast

I must not be gating properly....do you use the gate like a fx block or do you get the gate from the above area where the config area (a few spaces to the right of config) also does it need to be in a certain part of the chain....when I adj the threashold im not hearing the gate happen so I hav to be doing it wrong

I'm sure someone else can be of better help on the noise gate. I just use the default setting on the "Gate/Out" tab. I've never had any need to mess with the settings for my gear.

Here is a video from ML Sound Lab that I used the setting from when I had the AxeFx that seemed to work great.

So I decided when I got home today to hook up the FX8 and Mesa Mark IV as it has been a while since I've played it just so I could be sure to give accurate information.
I had it backwards in my previous post about which channel defaults in the Mark IV. The default channel is the Lead channel not ths Rhythm 1 channel.
You will need to leave the selector knob set to FT.SW. If you set it to this with no switches connected it should default to the Lead channel. If you plug in your FX8 relay switch to the Rhythm 1 channel external switch you can jump between Lead and Rhythm 1. If you plug in your FX8 relay to the Rhythm 2 external switch you can jump between Lead and Rhythm 2. If you use a splitter and two of the FX8 relays you can plug them into Rhythm 1 and Rhythm 2 and be able to switch between all three channels. One thing of note is you have to set the FX8 the opposite of how you may set it for a different amp (i.e. the Mark IV works the opposite of my IIC+ so I have to reverse the FX8 on/off settings for the channel switching). I am not sure about the other external switches as I have not used them with the FX8 and the OP was asking about channel switching anyway.
So in short, yes the Mark IV has a default channel and this method of channel switching works as verified today on my Mark IV. As I mentioned in my original reply my Mark IV is an A model. If you have a B then elephant rhino, but I would assume it would function the same way. Getcha pull.
Yes the FX8 will switch channels on a Mark IV. I have used it with my Mark IVa. The FX8 gives you 4 relays so you have to make some decisions on what functions you want to use, but if all you want is to channel switch it can do it all. If my memory serves me correctly, if you want to buy an extra function or three you can jump from Rhythm 1 to Lead by using just one relay as the Mark IV defaults to the Rhythm channel if you use the relay in the Lead channel external switch. But this did not work using the Rhythm 2 external switch.
Hi,
I see that the topic is old, but I would like to hear your opinion ...
I see that you have experience with Mark IV ...
I have a Mark IV b ... I tried it with the Tc G system, as well as with the Helix - 4cablemethod - in both cases I had ground loop noise.
I have just received the Fractal FX8, and I am in the process of making humbuster cables, as well as the entire snake with relay cables, power cable and signal cables ...
I'm afraid Fractal will make ground loop noise too?
What is your experience, have you had ground loop noise?

Thanks in advance

I also have a MK IV using with FX 8. I have no ground hum issues when using the relays to switch channel. I did try a helix for a short period of time, had loads of ground hum on MK IV, MK III and MK V. Sent the helix back. I use the Humbuster cables from G66.

I also have a MK IV using with FX 8. I have no ground hum issues when using the relays to switch channel. I did try a helix for a short period of time, had loads of ground hum on MK IV, MK III and MK V. Sent the helix back. I use the Humbuster cables from G66.
Thanks for the information, I hope that I will be happy after tc g system and helix failure ... I definitely have Ebtech hum eliminator, which solves the problem with helix, but I would like to reduce the amount of cables to a minimum.
I have an injury - a broken leg, at the moment I am not able to finish making cables ... as soon as I recover I will try it and I will let you know 🤝🤝🤝

I just tried 4CM with standard guitar cables - planet waves solderless (not humbuster), and two Y cables on the relays ... I get hum noise ... when I finish the humbuster cables I hope the hum will disappear too 🤔🙏
I'll let you know

I just tried 4CM with standard guitar cables - planet waves solderless (not humbuster), and two Y cables on the relays ... I get hum noise ... when I finish the humbuster cables I hope the hum will disappear too 🤔🙏
I'll let you know
I finally made humbyster cables, tried them a couple of days ago, everything works perfectly, the amplifier has no noise or hum ... Without humbuster cables there is hum ... excellent☝️👍☝️💪

Back
Top Bottom