TIPS on getting rid of that 'HIFI' sound. 1st look at '3'

Great vid.

I played around with the high cut, I didn't hear a difference between 0 and on 10. Didn't seem to do anything.

I played around with the high cut, I didn't hear a difference between 0 and on 10. Didn't seem to do anything.

Yes, that doesn't work.

The Bright switch is a nice touch and sounds great. Original 5E3s didn't have a Bright switch, but were sometimes modded to include one.

Right that does it, I'm moving to Australia! So many amazing guitarists down there, must be something in the water...!

Thanks for the awesome video and insight to how you get your tone Peter! Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks Peter great to see you on the forum. You and Andrew from IM had a huge input on my decision to sell all my pedals and amps and go Fractal (AX8). So thanks very much - I'm forever indebted :)

I notice you have the Enhancer block on - is this just for the studio (I also have DynAudio, but just the smaller BM6a's) or do you do stereo live?

Thanks again!
I sometimes go stereo live. But more than often i just use the one CLR. It has plenty of volume and spread. I love it!

I sometimes go stereo live. But more than often i just use the one CLR. It has plenty of volume and spread. I love it!
Thanks Peter. I would be interested to know how and when you use the enhancer block, and what settings you use - if you have time to reply or are willing to share ;)

Awesome video and awesome to see you sharing your knowledge on here Pete. Definitely one of my favourite Aussie guitar players and an absolute master of tone!
@2112 Leon, when you getting your Axe III? Looking forward to you making new vids with the III.

Toanz to die for here. Thanks for sharing. I can't imagine anyone hearing this in a blind test and not thinking it was a fine vintage tube amp. Great job all around.

Curious..... your tone in the video has a decent amount more gain than what I hear when I try it with my 2017 American Professional Strat and Tele. Makes me wonder if it might be my input trim setting?

Back
Top Bottom