FracTool - for power users only

Is there a code repository for this tool? I have experience developing in a few coding languages. I'd like to help if possible and possibly come up with and test new features. At the least, I'd like to have my own code base to tinker with my own unit. Let me know if we can arrange something @AlGrenadine

Before you updated FracTool to convert presets to the Axe-Fx III, I was beginning to look around for a way to decipher the .syx files. Hexadecimal editor plainly showed the preset name but everything else was a mix of characters. I'd like to find a way to mess with the guts of it.

True happy story.

I’ve had a “goto” preset I’ve used for a couple years on my II (it’s a Mesa preset that is perfect with my PRS). I manually recreated it on my III but for some reason it just didn’t sound the same. Drove me crazy that i could not figure out the difference. So today I used FracTool to convert it from one of my II saved banks and wrote it onto my III.

And it sounds EXACTLY (or even better somehow) like it did on my II. Clearly there is something in some advanced menu I musta tweaked at some time and haven’t been able to find it.

SO HAPPY ! Merci Al !

FracTool 2.82 is available :
It fixes all the II=>III conversion issues reported :
- Comp block translates ok
- Delay and reverb ducker thresholds translate ok
- Modifiers translate better
- Amp input eq now is ok
- Mixer rows 5 & 6 now have pan defaulted
- Output1 rows 5&6 have pan and level defaulted
- Ringmod translates ok
- MultiDelay translates to the correct Plex delay type

Please report in pm if you find any new issue :)

Last edited:
Thanks. I looked at the beginning of the thread but was not sure if it was the correct download since it did not mention the version number. I have not installed this yet. Just donated yesterday and there's already an update.

FracTool 2.82 is available :
It fixes all the II=>III conversion issues reported :
- Comp block translates ok
- Delay and reverb ducker thresholds translate ok
- Modifiers translate better
- Amp input eq now is ok
- Mixer rows 5 & 6 now have pan defaulted
- Output1 rows 5&6 have pan and level defaulted
- Ringmod translates ok
- MultiDelay translates to the correct Plex delay type

Please report in pm if you find any new issue :)

You The Man !

Question: I converted a bank and loaded it in the III successfully.
There a few patches that are crashing the unit. If I reboot the unit all is good.
My question is how remove those patches offline from the bank or is it possible?

Question: I converted a bank and loaded it in the III successfully.
There a few patches that are crashing the unit. If I reboot the unit all is good.
My question is how remove those patches offline from the bank or is it possible?
In the bank window before exporting from FracTool

Back
Top Bottom