Porting Effects Blocks From Axe-Fx II Presets to FX8

save a block to your Axe-Edit library.
find the directory on your computer where the block file actually saves to. - the Axe-Edit Settings menu can show you where that is.
copy the folder (drive, delay, etc) from the Axe-Fx II folder to the FX8 folder - if there isn't an FX8 folder, save a block in FX8-Edit to create it, or just make one yourself along side the Axe folder.

quit and re-open FX8-Edit. it should be in its library.

According to @AlGrenadine, Fractool will convert my Axe-Fx presets to FX8.

I haven't had a chance to compare manuals yet. Does anyone know off-hand if the MIDI implementation for preset and scene selection is the same for the Axe-Fx II MK-I and the FX8 II?

I use Bandhelper to automate preset and scene changes and I was wondering if the automation configurations I currently have in BH will work with the FX8.

According to @AlGrenadine, Fractool will convert my Axe-Fx presets to FX8.

I haven't had a chance to compare manuals yet. Does anyone know off-hand if the MIDI implementation for preset and scene selection is the same for the Axe-Fx II MK-I and the FX8 II?

I use Bandhelper to automate preset and scene changes and I was wondering if the automation configurations I currently have in BH will work with the FX8.
Yes it does, is it so hard to try and see by yourself ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom