"This Program is not compatible with current macOS. . ."

I just installed the latest OS update on my iMac (High Sierra OS 10.13.4), and when I opened Axe-Edit, I got a "the developer needs to update this program" message telling me the current version of Axe-Edit isn't "compatible" with this OS.

So far, though, it seems to be working as normal. Anybody else experience this?

I just installed the latest OS update on my iMac (High Sierra OS 10.13.4), and when I opened Axe-Edit, I got a "the developer needs to update this program" message telling me the current version of Axe-Edit isn't "compatible" with this OS.

So far, though, it seems to be working as normal. Anybody else experience this?

Thanks for the info. I am on High Sierra 10.13.3 and the newest version of Axe Edit works fine. Not planning on updating any time soon.

I went to update to the newest OS on my iMac 27 last night and it grey screened my computer. I believe I will leave that one alone for a bit. Thank goodness for Time Machine...

All current FAS software works fine on the next-to-latest MacOS :)

I went to update to the newest OS on my iMac 27 last night and it grey screened my computer. I believe I will leave that one alone for a bit. Thank goodness for Time Machine...

All current FAS software works fine on the next-to-latest MacOS :)

No issues here with the latest MacOS 10.13.5.......except the 'Communication timeout'

This warning has nothing to do with High Sierra 10.13. It’s for 10.14 and future releases. If it’s not updated before 10.14 in a couple of months there may we’ll be issues as 10.14 is going to feature “aggressive warnings and restrictions” on 32 bit apps and likely it won’t launch at all on 10.15 next year.

For those of you with IOS devices, IOS went through the same a couple of years ago and I had a few old 32 bit apps I used to use that no longer starts at all. IOS now requires all apps to be 64 bits.

No issues here with the latest MacOS 10.13.5.......except the 'Communication timeout'
After it grey screened my computer a half dozen times, I did an internet restore and reloaded. Seems to be working fine now. Probably a corrupted download to this machine, the first I've had (5 years with this machine).

No issue on Axe Edit III (don't have my II any longer).

After it grey screened my computer a half dozen times, I did an internet restore and reloaded. Seems to be working fine now. Probably a corrupted download to this machine, the first I've had (5 years with this machine).

No issue on Axe Edit III (don't have my II any longer).

Funny you mention this.. Just did the same thing last week. Un-releated to any thing Fractal. Just happened that my mac froze too many times (which is odd) and then all the sudden a 'Kernel panic' error occurred. Time for a full re-store.

Funny you mention this.. Just did the same thing last week. Un-releated to any thing Fractal. Just happened that my mac froze too many times (which is odd) and then all the sudden a 'Kernel panic' error occurred. Time for a full re-store.
If it's any encouragement, mine has been running and restarting fine since it got right. Just one of those weird computer things.

Hello all, trying to install latest Axe 2 edit on my MacBook Air running 10.13.5 install was "successful" but is not connecting to my 2XL+. After installing, I got a prompt saying this version of Axe Edit 2 "not optimized" for this operating system. What is the fix?

Since it is apparent that a new version of Axe-Edit must be in the works, is there a specific topic for user input and suggestions that could be integrated into the new version?

All I'd request is a full screen option for the newer widescreen Macs like my first gen 27" machine. That'd be very nice to have.

I might as well mention that it'd also be appreciated if the effects block graphics were to be redrawn at higher resolution. They look a bit Minecrafty compared to the rest of the GUI.

Many, many apps are “not optimized” because Mac OS decided to change some requirements. So older apps will still work, but it will just say not optimized. Nothing to worry about for now.

I'm just making those two little suggestions for a future updated version. They'd be in the "nice to have" category, but I'm having absolutely no problems with my system at all. I wish everything I owned worked as well together as my AFII, MFC-101 Mk III, and 27" iMac!!! Come to think of it, Axe-Edit has also worked flawlessly with any PC I've tried it on yet as well. The software engineering is SUPERB from a user's perspective. Or at least from THIS user. There's really not much I can offer in the way of suggestions.

Reactions: Ole
Many, many apps are “not optimized” because Mac OS decided to change some requirements. So older apps will still work, but it will just say not optimized. Nothing to worry about for now.

Optimization is one thing one can live without, sure. But the main problem here is 64bits compatibility which, as someone pointed earlier, will be broken in one year or so if FAS does not release a 64bits version of Axe-Edit. If they fail to do that, Axe-Fx II users will face the choice to stop upgrading their Apple computer or stop using Axe-Edit. I understand this might be a difficult choice for FAS to make such an effort for a legacy product, but I kindly ask them to understand what I will feel when I'm faced with this dilemma ;).

I DON'T generally upgrade my iMac's OS. Since it literally does nothing but run Axe-Edit, there's no need for me to upgrade the OS and it keeps asking me for permission to update and I keep telling it no. I wish I could make it just stop asking me entirely. It's not my general use computer so there's no point in updating a stable system, especially if that update might break functionality.

Back
Top Bottom