My Axe FX III is back at the factory :(

THIS.

Trust is earned, I will not trust the III in a live scenario for a year without the II as back-up.

The largest companies on earth, Apple and Microsoft, have issues with product launches, of course little Fractal does as well.

With large companies there are more human hands involved which usually translates to more mistakes. Smaller companies can keep up with what goes on better imo.

No. It’s the rollout of a new product. There will always be some issues that QC can not prevent. Often dissatisfied customers report online quickly which gives the illusion of *many* issues.
I have been keeping track as best as I can and it seems like its about 10 units that have needed to be sent back. I have no idea how many have gone out but ten doesn't seem too bad.

A lot of companys would send you a new one before they have the RMA unit back, by simply blocking the amout for a new one on your creditcard, and when they have the faulty item back and have looked at it, they release the money. I can only suggest fractal to do this, if we start seing more rma´s on Fractal hardware.

I used to work for an electronics company, one of the main players in our industry, and we would do cross-shipping of warranty repairs with a credit card number. I offered this as a potential solution, but the message went unaddressed.

It’s the rollout of a new product. There will always be some issues that QC can not prevent.

Yeah, there are always potential issues with new product lines. As an early-adopter, I wasn't upset that something went wrong, I was frustrated with the slow turn-around to rectify it. I judge a company more on how it behaves when things go wrong, than when things go as expected. Customers' expectation of service is evolving. This kind of thing reflects poorly on a company.

What’s wrong with it?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...low-axe-fx-iii-owners-possible-issues.138101/

Consumer Reports claims that their surveys show about a 5% average early-failure rate in consumer electronics of all kinds.

Danny W.

I'm pretty frustrated with the support process at this point. If I'm lucky I will get the replacement unit next week, and out of the 6 weeks ....

I had an issue with my III and it was replaced and in my hands within a week (to be fair, I'm on the east coast).

Shit happens, as with any company. Fractal gave me unprecedented customer support and that's all one can ask, really.

The first thing I did was open a support ticket, and from the there it was pretty smooth sailing. Professional courtesy goes a long way when communicating the issue at hand.

Gripping on the forum wasn't even a consideration. It's not going to expedite the situation and just creates unjust animosity.

Be tolerant, these guys are working there asses off around the clock. In fact; Marc even sent me a status update at 1:45 am est. just to let me know the unit had been shipped. If that isn't dedication I don't know what to tell you. Most corporate companies operate 9-5, faceless and are completely soulless.

As the other fellas have mentioned, get an AX8 if you need redundancy.

Keep the faith!

I had an issue with my III and it was replaced and in my hands within a week (to be fair, I'm on the east coast).

Shit happens, as with any company. Fractal gave me unprecedented customer support and that's all one can ask, really.

The first thing I did was open a support ticket, and from the there it was pretty smooth sailing. Professional courtesy goes a long way when communicating the issue at hand.

Gripping on the forum wasn't even a consideration. It's not going to expedite the situation and just creates unjust animosity.

Be tolerant, these guys are working there asses off around the clock. In fact; Marc even sent me a status update at 1:45 am est. just to let me know the unit had been shipped. If that isn't dedication I don't know what to tell you. Most corporate companies operate 9-5, faceless and are completely soulless.

As the other fellas have mentioned, get an AX8 if you need redundancy.

Keep the faith!

Where to start with this...

I had expected "unprecedented customer support"; but unfortunately, in this case, I wouldn't say I received that. You received your unit within a week. I imagine that's why griping on the forums wasn't a consideration for you. I wouldn't have had an issue with the quick turnaround you received.

I have an issue with support leaving my expression of dissatisfaction unaddressed for 6 days (it is still unaddressed), sending no response when I requested an update after my unit had arrived, and then not getting the replacement shipped out when they said they would. Until this afternoon, I hadn't received a personalized message responding me directly since May 3rd, and that was just a simple message with a tracking number.

I'm not sure where your "professional courtesy" line comes from, seeing as you weren't a party to the conversation. Unless you mean this post, which I didn't create this post until after they hadn't followed through on what they told me they would do, and had ignored my request for an update. With no response from the support staff addressing my concerns, the forum is the last place I have to go in order to air my grievances.

Posting on the forum may not expedite my specific situation (clearly, it hasn't), but it might affect change by highlighting a policy that is not ideal and that could be improved.

Replies may be in your spam folder?.....

Andrew emailed me that the New replacement AxeIII was shipping out that day.

I just received notice now that it arrived and ready for pickup at the Post Office.

I have an issue with support leaving my expression of dissatisfaction unaddressed for 6 days (it is still unaddressed), sending no response when I requested an update after my unit had arrived, and then not getting the replacement shipped out when they said they would. Until this afternoon, I hadn't received a personalized message responding me directly since May 3rd, and that was just a simple message with a tracking number.
Historically, Fractal support responds quickly to customer tickets. Definitely check your spam folder.

I had an issue with mine. It sucks to go through the waitlist and then have a problem right out of the box, but they took care of it, and the new unit is working fine so far. Hopefully gets resolved soon.

Are these problems people are having, all the same issue?

I believe that Sharka and I had the same issue. But my issue seems different from what some of the other returns I've seen.

But they often reply by email. Have a look, just to make sure.

I regularly police my spam filters. There were no messages from Fractal. Just messages about lovely singles in my area. :D

I regularly police my spam filters. There were no messages from Fractal. Just messages about lovely singles in my area. :D
Then something’s weird. It’s definitely not like Fractal support to keep people hanging.

Is two weeks of down-time the expected outcome anytime something goes wrong under warranty?

I sent my Axe FX III in for repair, but to be fair, I think it was actually an issue on the side of my computer. I found their support experience to be fantastic.

I also experienced two weeks shipping there and back as I am on the west coast. I agree, this is frustrating.

To be fair though, I think this is normal for many companies - they utilize the cheapest possible shipping options. As one concrete example, I sent my Asus motherboard in for repair. Firstly, they were only going to cover shipping one way (I made them cover both ways, as that is ridiculous), and they also used ground shipping both ways. Similar two week downtime.

So, I understand your frustration, but I also understand why FAS do this. What I think could be a good option here is for FAS to offer faster shipping at a lower rate (e.g. half price) so the cost can be split for people who need it faster. Just an idea.

When I get back to the office hopefully next week I will look into this. Reprimands will be doled out accordingly.

I don't know that reprimands need to be doled out. The last thing I wrote in my message on May 3rd was: "...I'm not mad; I'm just disappointed."

While I would have preferred a dialog or acknowledgement, it could be (after having myself spent years working electronics support) the support tech was busy and just left well enough alone. My main goal was to bring about the idea of faster turn-around for warranty repairs on professional equipment.

Back
Top Bottom