John 5 is one lucky dude

Had to look up who john 5 is but cool to hear guitars.
nice playing! fur coat indoors in FL must mean it's cold or it's fashion
heh.

Agreed, that 58 Les Paul is amazing. I can't image how much it's worth. I'm a huge Stones fan too. But for some reason I would be the most freaked out to hold anything that Hendrix actually played. I've seen the Stones live, and YouTube is littered with recent clips of them. That makes them seem more "real" to me. Hendrix is a bit of a fairytale for me, for lack of a better way to explain it. Playing a guitar that he played would freak me out. Actually, who am I kidding, playing any one of those would freak me out. lol

Agreed, that 58 Les Paul is amazing. I can't image how much it's worth. I'm a huge Stones fan too. But for some reason I would be the most freaked out to hold anything that Hendrix actually played. I've seen the Stones live, and YouTube is littered with recent clips of them. That makes them seem more "real" to me. Hendrix is a bit of a fairytale for me, for lack of a better way to explain it. Playing a guitar that he played would freak me out. Actually, who am I kidding, playing any one of those would freak me out. lol

A few years ago, I won a contest thru Sweetwater to go to Fender's Corona facility and was given one of their American Vintage Reissue guitars. (The experience was amazing - thank-you Sweetwater and Fender).

Dave Brown, the visitor center icon at Fender invited me back to his office and asked if I'd help unpack a couple of boxes. The first thing I pulled out of the first box I opened was a pair of purple satin pants. As I was holding them up to look at them, Dave said to me, "Do you know what those are?"

I said, "Pants?"

He said, "They're Jimi Hendrix' pants."

The boxes were full of artifacts from the Hendrix estate that Fender was using for the Hendrix display at the visitor center. There were clothes, set lists, handwritten lyric sheets, poems, jewelry, etc., It was very cool to be that close to Jimi's spirit. I felt it. I get it. It really was amazing.

I only saw the first few minutes of the video. When I saw the SG Custom, and thought about my old SG Custom (identical to the one in the video) I had so many tears in my eyes I missed the rest.

Back
Top Bottom