Using Cab Packs with Axe FXIII

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
I've bought quite a few of the Cab Packs from Fractal Audio and several of Ownhammer's packs.

The Cab Packs from Fractal Audio only have SysEXII and SysEXIIXL, and IRs. Can these be used with Axe FXIII without having to convert them?

Will we be able to load Ownhammer wav files directly into the Axe FXIII using the new Axe Edit when it comes out?

Can you only load one cab at a time into the Axe FXIII using Fractal Bot now or is there a way to load an entire cab pack with Fractal Bot?

I've bought quite a few of the Cab Packs from Fractal Audio and several of Ownhammer's packs.

The Cab Packs from Fractal Audio only have SysEXII and SysEXIIXL, and IRs. Can these be used with Axe FXIII without having to convert them?

Will we be able to load Ownhammer wav files directly into the Axe FXIII using the new Axe Edit when it comes out?

Can you only load one cab at a time into the Axe FXIII using Fractal Bot now or is there a way to load an entire cab pack with Fractal Bot?
There is a IR utility while we wait for Axe-Edit. His should allow multiple IRs to be selected at once. It’s on the Fractal website downloads page for the Axe3.

Thanks Rex, that's great to know.
Thanks Chris, I think I'll wait for Axe Edit to come out. I know how to load cabs from that.

I just found this on the Ownhammer web site.

https://www.ownhammer.com/tutorials/fractal/

As of version 3.12.0 of Axe-Edit and 1.7.0 of AX8-Edit, free Fractal editor companion software now allows for the import of .wav files, with all necessary conversion to proprietary formats being done behind the scenes and transparent to the user.

Will it be the same with the Axe FXIII and new Axe Edit when it comes out?

I noticed the Ownhammer cab packs have several different .wav file selections. Which should we use if we are wanting to use them with the Axe FXIII?

"The Wav folder contains files in .wav format for use in any convolution reverb loader, be it DAW hosts or external hardware devices. These files are formatted in 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, and 96 kHz sample rates in mono and stereo (dual mono) channel options for greater compatibility potential."

Will we be able to convert these for use with the Axe FXIII with the new Axe Edit when it comes out?

Looking through all my Fractal Audio and Ownhammer cab packs it looks like some are in lo-res, some are in both lo-res and ultra-res, some are for the Axe FXII and some are for the Axe FXIIXL. Rex said the Axe FXII and Axe FXIIXL SysEx will both work in the Axe FXIII. Will all of the past formats work in the Axe FXIII, or just the ultra-res ones?

For the Ownhammer WAVs you'll want the 48k files. You can convert them to .syx with Cab Lab 3 Lite.

Any FAS or 48k IR/sysex will be compatible with Axe-FX III whether it's UR or not. Many of the stock legacy cabs are non UR.

Last edited:
For the Ownhammer WAVs you'll want the 48k files. You can convert them to .syx with Cab Lab 3 Lite.

Any FAS or 48k IR/sysex will be compatible with Axe-FX III whether they're UR or not. Many of the stock legacy cabs are non UR.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!
There should be a fractal zip or folder for many of the ownhammer collections - start with these.
And turn on 'min phase' in axeedit/cab lab when you import them to ensure they work with other IR's inside the box.

Back
Top Bottom