Wish Modifier/External Controller for "Tempo" in Delay Block

unFILTERed

Power User
lets say you want to change the Delay tempo from 1/4 notes to 1/4 triplets. It would help alot to be able to do this via an external controller (certain CC values for certain delay times, similar like selecting channels or scenes)

i was doing this via sysex messages in my Axe Fx XL, which worked great but everyone doesnt have a controller to send sysex messages. In my case i use, Liquid Foot+.

And i know you can do this manually setting the tempo to 1/4 notes and tapping the tempo value via foot or using channels in delay block, or using a second block etc etc etc...thread is not about it.

Sorry to hijack this wish but could you share what sysex messages you need to accomplish this using the II XL? I've been trying to change tempo values via midi on it for years!!

Just curious, what is your aversion to using a channel for this?

for me personally, I want to be able to quickly cycle through a set of tempo-values and back again - don't just want to go from A to B. Like you would with a tempo synced synthesiser or hardware delay. Try it with a DAW plugin, makes for great glitch effects and used extensively in electronic music styles, it's very psychedelic!

Back
Top Bottom