Alternative Foot Controller

croberto

I know this has been covered but a lot of the threads are old and some products have been discontinued and new products have been released. I am a couple of months in to having my Axe FX II XL Plus and absolutely must have some control over this beast and don't want to fork out the MFC-101 cash. I'd love full control but would be very happy to have the ability to just change scenes at will (Not scroll but change from say scene 2 to scene 4 to scene 6, etc.). So the latest opinions from this community would be awesome. Thank you in advance.

Get yourself an Art x15. No longer made, used sell for $100. Very fast response, 2 built in expression pedals. Old but still a monster work horse. I own 2 of them.

Get yourself an Art x15. No longer made, used sell for $100. Very fast response, 2 built in expression pedals. Old but still a monster work horse. I own 2 of them.
Can the X-15 do scenes "natively" (not using Preset Mapping)?

One word of caution to the OP: I found the buttons on the X-15 somewhat hard to press when I used one with my SGX-2000 many years ago.

All good as long as you find what you're looking for. I said that because sometimes you're looking for something and searching doesn't help because you don't know the one keyword that could help you. Also, that is hopefully helpful because you can see threads in context with one another.
Yes, I am guilty of not knowing that because I was searching old threads that probably existed before that sub-topic. Thanks for the heads up.

I have a Voes MC10.

It makes all that I need, and even more
(programmable with an editor)
It is also very compact.
If you don't need bidirectional midi, it is a great little midi controller (you can import the Axe FX II preset name in just a few seconds.)

http://www.voes.be/

FCB-1010 with a EurekaProm chip. I used it for a couple years and it was great. The EurekaProm chip is not necessary, but it makes programming the foot controller much easier. It's also very easy to install.

You can find used FCB's for really cheap. A new FCB-1010 is $150. EurekaProm chip is $35.

I picked up a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro for under $200 and it is working decently, but hardly suits the capabilities. There is a big chunk of functionality built in that the FC will bring to the fore. I am debating waiting versus going RJM if I can find a deal on a GT 22.

As noted elsewhere, this is like driving the space shuttle with a steering wheel.

Dude, the MFC is so worth the extra. Find a used one! There are a lot on the market. I'd swear to this even if I did not work for Fractal Audio.

Wow, if I could find an MFC for $350 I would definitely consider it. The MC6 was topping the list but I fear I will outgrow it and if a used MFC mkIII is only $120 more then it's a no brainer. The Voes MC10 is new to me and looks very interesting. I think 99% of what I would do is toggle between a few presets and then be able to change between about 6 scenes on each preset. If I had a switch to spare after that I would maybe add a tuner.

Back
Top Bottom