Outputs and XLR <> 1/4"

dschaaf

Experienced
Quick question about the outputs.
I believe in the past both outputs 1 & 2 had both XLR and 1/4". I know on the III, output one has both XLR and 1/4" but output to only has XLR. I also know that "Outputs 3 & 4 are primarily intended to be unity gain outputs for fx loop use. "
I am wanting to send output #1 to my power amp which requires using the 1/4" that is fine, but if I then need to send output #2 to our fairly simple mixer which only has 1/4" inputs I obviously can't from output #2.
The question is, would I be better sending it to the mixer from outputs 3 or 4 and using a block to bump up the signal coming out, or can I simply get an adapter that allows me to connect quarter-inch to the XLR output for #2.
Thanks,
D

Quick question about the outputs.
I believe in the past both outputs 1 & 2 had both XLR and 1/4". I know on the III, output one has both XLR and 1/4" but output to only has XLR. I also know that "Outputs 3 & 4 are primarily intended to be unity gain outputs for fx loop use. "
I am wanting to send output #1 to my power amp which requires using the 1/4" that is fine, but if I then need to send output #2 to our fairly simple mixer which only has 1/4" inputs I obviously can't from output #2.
The question is, would I be better sending it to the mixer from outputs 3 or 4 and using a block to bump up the signal coming out, or can I simply get an adapter that allows me to connect quarter-inch to the XLR output for #2.
Thanks,
D

Just get an adapter.

Danny W.

Thanks Danny,

Silly question, but does it matter that the adapters are 1/4" TRS versus what I would normally use a 1/4" TS?

Thanks,
D
No--plugging in your TS cable grounds one of the balanced sides, which is what you want.

I have an adapter I bought years ago that is XLR female to 1/4" balanced female, works fine when I need to run into a standard 1/4" input.

Danny W.

Thanks Danny,

Alternatively, can I use both the XLR and 1/4" outs on output number one simultaneously? Do both the XLR1 and the 1/4" Jacks output at the same level (dB)?
Thanks,
Derek

Hi unix-guy, To clarify this is on the III, not the II.

As you noted the II has only 1/4 inch outs whereas the III has only XLR outs.

Thanks,
D

I was replying to this part of your post:

I thought I said "Axe Fx II" in my reply, but I didn't... I'll correct my reply :)
Sorry, you are totally correct! I forgot that I had referenced that earlier on in the thread and didn't realize your response was related to that. Thanks for the clarification

Back
Top Bottom