Do you install AFXII drivers before connecting AFXII?

BillyZeppa

Power User
So it's been a long time since I've installed AXFII drivers, and i'm not sure if we install USB drivers before connecting and powering the AXFII, or the other way around. I checked the manual but the answer isn't obvious? What is the sequence you recommend for neophytes?

drivers typically need to be installed first.

on some computer devices, if you don't install the correct drivers first, windows will try to install and associate generic drivers with that device, and it's difficult to undo that association. i learned this the hard way a long time ago.

so drivers first. then plug in.

Install the drivers first.

Edit: Chris got there first!

In theory it shouldn't matter. You can hook it up, then install the drivers, and Windows will 'see' it. But then again...it's Windows.

Thanks, Chris, Electronpirate. I went through what you describe with another product, Chris, not too long ago - had go into safe mode to remove the drivers or they just came right back, no way to change them, as they were 'best drivers already installed'... for some generic device :eek:.
I didn't want to risk another gotcha like that, when the right sequence makes it a snap.

i had to go into the registry for some audio interface a long time ago, it was a mess.

I'm not sure but I think, while installing, you get asked to power off the Axe FX and wait 5 sec. and put it on again. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom