Wish Multi-band compression

Just a friendly reminder that I could really really REALLY use this block. I have a preset for slide guitar. I need to compress the plain strings more than the wound strings. Multiband comp would solve this problem in a heartbeat. I'd be very grateful if you could just include this block from the Axe-Fx III in the next FX8 firmware.

Just reiterating that this is an important need for me. Right now I am (sort of, very imperfectly) emulating multi-band compression using three blocks: comp > PEQ > comp. The PEQ block allows me to emphasize a frequency band for which I want more compression than the first comp block provides. But this takes THREE blocks to accomplish.

I'm hoping that porting over the existing multi-band compression from other products is a simple matter. No doubt CPU usage is a consideration. But I'm willing to work around that.

Please consider implementing this in the next firmware upgrade.

I just saw the video for the new AxeFX III MBC. It looks really sweet. The video is correct - MBC is underutilized and under appreciated.

I sure could use that in my FX8. I finally bit the bullit and ordered an outboard MBC. SMH.

Back
Top Bottom