Showtime....WHO HAS USED THEIR III LIVE? (evidence welcome)

bradlake

Axe-Master
So who has been ballsy enough to start using their new box onstage...rumors , video and other media welcome.....I am seeing Fractal Uber-endorser Dweezil in a few weeks, and hoping he has incorporated his ...He was last seen using an AX8 by Leon @2112 in Perth...

The timing was perfect for me. We had a few weeks off, which is unusual, but it's giving time to get the patches programmed and the rack wired up. The next show is April 14th, and I'm just going to dive right in. Looking forward to it. It's been time consuming though. The front panel is great, and I am a front panel programmer anyway. I have 40 patches, with lots of delay settings, synths, ray gun effects, cross fading amps, an acoustic tone match, a violin patch, blah blah blah, and it's taking a lot of time. I'm really missing the option of recalling an effect block from one patch to another, so that slowed me down. I'm about half way done. But once I'm set, I'll be good to go. I hadn't messed with my patches much on my II for a few years. I had to remember how and why I had them set the way they were since I hadn't actually looked at them in detail for so long.

My current plan is to stick with the AX8 for live use and secure the Axe-FX III in my stationary recording rack. Then again, I just put out an offer for a Roland FC-300 MIDI controller - not necessarily ideal for the Axe-FX but I've got a VG-99 (which is what it is designed for) so this would tide me over until the FC units start shipping.

My current plan is to stick with the AX8 for live use and secure the Axe-FX III in my stationary recording rack. Then again, I just put out an offer for a Roland FC-300 MIDI controller - not necessarily ideal for the Axe-FX but I've got a VG-99 (which is what it is designed for) so this would tide me over until the FC units start shipping.

I use an FC-300 with my Axe-Fx 2. Works great since I don't use tons of presets. I have it setup with an extra external mode switch to toggle between PC/CC modes. PC switches presets and CC lets me choose scene 1-5, with the footpedals and toe switches used for whatever and the top row used for tuner and I think Reverb off. I never really use the reverb on/off toggle so it might be something else.

I use an FC-300 with my Axe-Fx 2. Works great since I don't use tons of presets. I have it setup with an extra external mode switch to toggle between PC/CC modes. PC switches presets and CC lets me choose scene 1-5, with the footpedals and toe switches used for whatever and the top row used for tuner and I think Reverb off. I never really use the reverb on/off toggle so it might be something else.

Interesting. I use 5 presets now with my AX8 but with the Axe-FX III I think I can use 1 lol so I was thinking that I just need CC mode.

Ya, this all depends on how well programming my MFC goes with the III. Been about 10 years since I've done any MIDI programming. I did update the MFC Edit that came out last week. Hopefully it will help in the process. In the meantime i will still be gigging my AX8 which I am perfectly happy with.

I don't do any scenes or channel changes, so I already have the MFC-101 programmed and rocking. 2 rows of presets and a row of IA's plus 2 expression pedals. That was actually the easy part. It's the presets themselves on the III that are taking up my time. I really do feel for all of you that have taken advantage of some of the cooler things the Axe Fx can do with scenes and such. I know I'd like to go in that direction, so I'm really curious to see what solutions everyone comes up with until the FC is available.

Hopefully soon...I tried a few midi controllers...but gonna wait for the FC I think so I can build my pedal board footprint...which will prob STILL change every gig still lol!

Back
Top Bottom