I would like to post a rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
once I saw that he said he had thick Russian accent.
That's very appropriate. I am so glad that you guys can speak English with no accent.... although, most likely, none other language... but you are the first one to jump in and make of a guy because of the accent. Patethic. Just plain pathetic. Grow up.

Sounds like you haven't been standing in front of a register , with a line of people behind you , waiting , while you get denied the use of your card , after spending hours in some store , tediously picking out thousands of dollars in materials you NEED , while knowing you have the available balance , while knowing - you have good credit and pay your bills on time , etc , ......while getting denied. Pissed me off. It was the circumstance.
I get it. Good thing they check , but sometimes the timing just sucks.

2 days after I ordered a hat and shirt from fractal , I got an unrelated security notice of fraudulent activity on my card. iTunes charges ( I don't have a card attached to iTunes )
We were leaving for vacation on Monday , it was a Friday , UPS won't deliver on Saturday , next day air didn't help , had to sign for the card. Like the delivery of the Axe III , I had to receive the card at my home to sign. They couldn't keep it at the UPS facility and let me pick it up. What a show.
Thieves suck.
You should just asked for some peeks from sveetwaterrrrr

I'm not sure if you see it overseas, but in Australia, our airlines have started making their loyalty cards into a prepaid VISA card that you can load different currencies on. USD, GBP, AUD, etc.
But a great feature of the card, is that you can create a temporary card number for online use - and remove it when done.
Any site that I buy from that I can't use PayPal, I now use this temp card and then close it as soon as I'm done.
Since then, I haven't had my card details compromised.

That's great for my card safety, but I've also found something great for vendor safety recently too.
When I brought my last guitar, the store put through 2 amounts on my card. Say the guitar was $2000, they put through 2 transactions - $1959 and $41.
They wouldn't ship the guitar until I confirmed the 2 amounts.
I thought this was great - better for everyone doing the right thing that fraudsters can't get their hands on stock.

I am also perplexed by people who respond to posts, but do not read the actual post. Enlighten me how did Fractal Audio was trying to protect me here? By offending me? Do let me know. Thanks.
I think the spirit of people saying Fractal was trying to protect you, was by confirming that the CC belongs to you (so that your card is not being used fraudulently).
I get it, it sucks to have your identify questioned, but it happens to everyone.

I went to Babies R Us a few years ago and tried to put $2k worth of baby furniture on my CC.
Card was rejected and I immediately got a phone call on my cell.
"Sir, this is MasterCard - someone is trying to charge $2k at Babies R Us right now, and we know that you're a crazy cool handsome rockstar badass....so this can't be you?!"

And I said - "yup, it's me. I'm all grown up now and staring a family."

I didn't say - "F-U MasterCard...you don't think I'm good enough to have kids?!!!!"

Point is - digital sales are full of fraud, and Fractal has to do what's right for their business.

I think in the broader sense of discrimination, us white males who have the injustice of having to verify our $2000 credit card purchases still have it pretty good.

My “bad” day is when I had to spend a few extra minutes to buy a hobby toy costing a few grand but I have that type of discresionary income for such luxuries

I think lots of other peoples bad days are being pulled over, abused etc, for simply driving to or from work, at a job that doesn’t allow for $2000 hobby purchases.

I’m not trying to make any social or political point here, but just to remind us of how silly our discrimination or lack of respect really is in a larger sense

If your thirsty because they didn’t have your favorite bottled water on the private jet vs if your thirsty because you walked 10 miles to the nearest safe water source and found the well was dry are kinda different things

But my all means, go ahead and post a “rant” about how horrible NetJets is if it makes you feel better....

I’ll be the first to admit I do that same thing. If I’m stuck in a big line at the grocery I’ll probably post to social media about how bad my day is going and how it’s total BS I’m standing in a line for 10 whole minutes. Oh the injustice of it all..... of course I never stop to be thankful I can go buy a few hundred dollars of food each week, most of it indulgences, without worry that I can’t also keep the lights on etc.

So again, take to social media any time we feel slighted, posting from the latest $1000 phone, about how bad your life is

"Revelation 13:16 And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead"

Seems rather prophetic no?

Enlighten me how did Fractal Audio was trying to protect me here?

One example is that in our efforts to verify orders, we have informed many people that their credit card numbers had been stolen. These cards were still active and in the hands of criminals. Most customers are not put off by these checks. In fact, they inform us that they'd rather a company be too strict than too lax.

I think in the broader sense of discrimination, us white males who have the injustice of having to verify our $2000 credit card purchases still have it pretty good.

My “bad” day is when I had to spend a few extra minutes to buy a hobby toy costing a few grand but I have that type of discresionary income for such luxuries

I think lots of other peoples bad days are being pulled over, abused etc, for simply driving to or from work, at a job that doesn’t allow for $2000 hobby purchases.

I’m not trying to make any social or political point here, but just to remind us of how silly our discrimination or lack of respect really is in a larger sense

If your thirsty because they didn’t have your favorite bottled water on the private jet vs if your thirsty because you walked 10 miles to the nearest safe water source and found the well was dry are kinda different things

But my all means, go ahead and post a “rant” about how horrible NetJets is if it makes you feel better....

I’ll be the first to admit I do that same thing. If I’m stuck in a big line at the grocery I’ll probably post to social media about how bad my day is going and how it’s total BS I’m standing in a line for 10 whole minutes. Oh the injustice of it all..... of course I never stop to be thankful I can go buy a few hundred dollars of food each week, most of it indulgences, without worry that I can’t also keep the lights on etc.

So again, take to social media any time we feel slighted, posting from the latest $1000 phone, about how bad your life is

Well... if you take a look at it like that... you can apply that logic to anything. An example: "look at this guy complaining about USB driver not working and on the other side, children are starving in Africa."

Maybe what got me is the actual wording that has been used.... maybe if it was worded a bit differently, we would not have this email thread.
:)

When I bought my XL+, I had to do extra verification steps, which included photo-documentation. I am okay if I have to do it all over again when I buy my III.

Companies like Stripe and Square, where CNP transactions are considered a normal part of our transaction flow, have "special sauce" fraud detection for CNP stuff that makes fraud much, much less common for CNP transactions.
Special sauce, okay now that's language I can understand. You see, Stripe and Square are optimized for high impedance sources. :)

One example is that in our efforts to verify orders, we have informed many people that their credit card numbers had been stolen. These cards were still active and in the hands of criminals. Most customers are not put off by these checks. In fact, they inform us that they'd rather a company be too strict than too lax.

This happened to me yesterday (but not by Fractal....and 15 days after somebody has been using my card with Hertz rent-a-car)
Was thankful I found out about it....and WISHED that Hertz was as thorough as Fractal seems to be.
My card was used 15 times over 15 days at Hertz....surely somebody should have recognized a trend??
I found out about it because my CC company shut off my card. No the way I wanted to find out!

So any protection that Fractal is providing, I say THANK YOU.
I'll gladly have to call and explain myself when making a purchase, if it means that $11k of fraudulent charges will stay off my card.

/rant

Cliff, why do you even sell to "Russians"? Don't they have a distributor they could purchase from?
What are you trying to say with those quotation marks? Does accent makes me a bad man? I think I have a name for people like you. I reported you, but obviously this is not the insult as per Fractal Audio administrators.

I’m trying to say that “Russians” usually includes a bunch of other Eastern European countries where international credit card fraud law enforcement is not really a thing. This problem is solved by only selling through local distributors who can engage local law enforcement, or just sell for cash only.

I did not mean Russians as the ethnicity. I meant a rough geographic location and jurisdiction for the purposes of addressing fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom