Yamaha DXR-10 Setting

Devster

Inspired
hi all

Played my Matrix GTX and FR10 last weekend and had a good sound.

Trying my new DR-10 tomorrow night for the first time. I haven’t been able to crank the volume yet so wanted some on advice on using the low frequency cut at gig volumes.

Do you guys leave it flat or cut the lows on the DR-10 ?

My initial plan is to leave it flat (EQ) and lift the speaker off the ground about 1ft. Playing straight through it with PA for vocals only.

Thanks

Would the DSR sound different between the AxeFx and the AX8? Would you leave it flat if using one and not the other?
i was asking what gear he's using in general, not between those 2 only. so answers would be no.

Sorry. Im using AX-8. Power and Cab sims ON.

Musicman JP axe.

PA for vocals only. AX-8 into Yamaha using XLR.

Cheers

Sorry. Im using AX-8. Power and Cab sims ON.

Musicman JP axe.

PA for vocals only. AX-8 into Yamaha using XLR.

Cheers
knowing that, i've played with speakers similar and personally didn't use their low-cut. i instead changed either my Global Output EQ or adjusted presets to compensate for the low end. in my theory, if a small speaker near me has too much low end (even if the speaker itself hypes it a bit), then a large PA much louder with subs will definitely have too much low end as well. generally speaking, i'm right and it works out.

the low cut can work well too, but you want to make sure the PA system and anything else sounds as you intend as well. taking it off the floor will definitely reduce some low end, so that may work well enough too.

I have those speakers and find that they are pretty full on the low end. It really depends on the room. For smaller rooms, I use the first cutoff for a large room you can go flat. See what you like.

I don't use the DSR on mine and I cut the lows at 100Hz. I think that's the first position, 120Hz is the second I believe.

Well the DXR performed well. I left the DSP off and played it flat. I didn’t change any settings on the AX8. There was definitely no shortage of bass but I didn’t think it was too much.

So insunmary the DXR has more bass than the FR10 powered by my GTX1000 but both sound great. Much better than the Mesa 2x12 I was using previously.

Back
Top Bottom