Going down the wireless IEM route....

FarleyUK

Inspired
Hi all,

One of my bands are looking to go down the wireless IEM route. I currently run both XLR outs from my AX8 to dual DXR10's as a backline on stage, so am I right in saying I'd need to run a TRS from OUTPUT 2 into the mixing desk, then connect a monitor / aux out from that to the IEM transmitter....?

It seems right in my head, just want to run it by you experts...! :)

Don't you currently send any signal to FOH?

Yes, you need to send some sort of signal to the in-ear mixer.

Hi all,

One of my bands are looking to go down the wireless IEM route. I currently run both XLR outs from my AX8 to dual DXR10's as a backline on stage, so am I right in saying I'd need to run a TRS from OUTPUT 2 into the mixing desk, then connect a monitor / aux out from that to the IEM transmitter....?

It seems right in my head, just want to run it by you experts...! :)

Use the out 1 XLR to connect to FOH (not out 2 which belongs to the FX block unless you setup the AX8 to mirror out 1 to out 2). You don't need to feed the monitor mix from the desk unless you want your band mates to be in your monitor mix as well. If not you can use the out 1 TRS to connect to your own IEM amp.

Don't you currently send any signal to FOH?

No, not sending anything to FoH - all backline.

Use the out 1 XLR to connect to FOH (not out 2 which belongs to the FX block unless you setup the AX8 to mirror out 1 to out 2). You don't need to feed the monitor mix from the desk unless you want your band mates to be in your monitor mix as well. If not you can use the out 1 TRS to connect to your own IEM amp.

Sounds like duplicating out 1 to out 2 is what I need. Would be using the monitor mix from the desk so I can hear everyone else as well...

Cheers!

Remember, Out 1 has both jack outputs and XLR outputs. You could use the jacks for the monitors and the XLRs for FOH/IEM. Only downside is that you cannot use the Out 1 knob to adjust your backline level on the fly as that will also adjust your IEM/FOH level (for everyone).

If you duplicate Out 1 to Out2 you loose the abilility to use the FX loop, but you gain separate control of the signal level you send to IEM/FOH and your backline.

Remember, Out 1 has both jack outputs and XLR outputs. You could use the jacks for the monitors and the XLRs for FOH/IEM. Only downside is that you cannot use the Out 1 knob to adjust your backline level on the fly as that will also adjust your IEM/FOH level (for everyone).

If you duplicate Out 1 to Out2 you loose the abilility to use the FX loop, but you gain separate control of the signal level you send to IEM/FOH and your backline.

Yeah, OUT 2 will be the better option for me, as I use the output 1 knob to adjust it if needed on the fly. I don't use anything in the FX loop, so OUT 2 will be dedicated to the mixer.

Thanks!

If you duplicate Out 2, do you have to put the effects loop in the chain at the end to receive a split of the virtual chain's signal? Or can we somehow modify the output section of the AX8 to split the outputs to Out 1 AND Out 2?

If you duplicate Out 1 to Out2, Out 2 will be the same as what comes out of 1. No need for the FX loop.

I run one of the outputs from the AX8 directly to the input of the IEM transmitter, and another out from the mixer (with the full band) to the other input on the IEM trans. This way I can bring my mix up and down from my receiver pack.

Back
Top Bottom