AFIII Quick Polyphonic Pitch Shift Demo

giphy.gif
And it's easier!

For 100% wet, there's no reason to not have a shifter be in front of your amp. I wouldn't want to shift distortion but have it be generated from the shifted signal.

Extending that idea, the best dual guitar harmony you can get is done with a 100% wet pitch block like this:

AIII-Edit 2018-03-19 11-56-18.png

PS: Yes, that is the new Axe-Edit up and running!

Last edited:
For 100% wet, there's no reason to not have a shifter be in front of your amp. I wouldn't want to shift distortion but have it be generated from the shifted signal.

Extending that idea, the best dual guitar harmony you can get is done with a 100% wet pitch block like this:

View attachment 45568

PS: Yes, that is the new Axe-Edit up and running!
Is there an explanation why it's better to run the shifted signal through a different amp? Or are you using two different amp and cab settings, so the shifted signal gets another sound, hence a better separation from the dry signal?

Is there an explanation why it's better to run the shifted signal through a different amp?
He's talking about a dual-guitar harmony, where you have an unshifted amp and a pitch-shifted amp. The sound of two guitars playing in harmony. It sounds more realistic that way. If you've ever tried to plug two guitarists into one amp, you'll know what I mean. :)

have tried this yesterday with the Axe II, cool idea, sounds really better than my usual routing. More clarity for the voices. Needs a lot of CPU, but seems to be worth. Have to do a record. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom