Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Yes I’m new here and axe 3 would be my first fractal product. I’ve sold 2 of my beloved Mesa heads and 2 Mesa cabs to help fund this purchase not knowing anything about this waitlist. I’ve been checking this forum multiple times a day. I don’t agree with some of the way they handle things but that’s just my opinion and you guys will probably hate it. They offer the axe for 3500 for those that don’t want to wait and then don’t even send out any invites on the same day as far as we know? They create the demand and yet try to stop price gouging on eBay? I say bs.... I also dont see why they announce the big news with so little to hand out. Do they not have the overhead to get a big shipment? They would save a crap load of money the bulkier the shipments. Releasing 5 a day is absurd in my opinion and I question my funding antics and starting to regret it.

Im pretty sure they sent out as many invites today as they have been sending out as I was one of the ones to receive one today, and not everyone getting invites is one this forum. Also, these aren't getting made in china and dropped shipped here. Fractal is a small company and are ASSEMBLING them in house as far as we know...along with all there other products they offer that need to go out...Dont want to wait, dont buy one

Yes I’m new here and axe 3 would be my first fractal product. I’ve sold 2 of my beloved Mesa heads and 2 Mesa cabs to help fund this purchase not knowing anything about this waitlist. I’ve been checking this forum multiple times a day. I don’t agree with some of the way they handle things but that’s just my opinion and you guys will probably hate it. They offer the axe for 3500 for those that don’t want to wait and then don’t even send out any invites on the same day as far as we know? They create the demand and yet try to stop price gouging on eBay? I say bs.... I also dont see why they announce the big news with so little to hand out. Do they not have the overhead to get a big shipment? They would save a crap load of money the bulkier the shipments. Releasing 5 a day is absurd in my opinion and I question my funding antics and starting to regret it.

66347c69832bdee15b1fcb99a4b6370c.1000x562x1.jpg

I know they sent out a lot of invites over the weekend and they had to ship those out today. Not sure you know this, but they aren't a very large company with a huge warehouse and hundreds (or even dozens) of employees to take care of the logistics of distribution. This rollout is going faster and more efficiently than a lot of people realize, and any of us who have been around since the first wave of the original and got in on the AFX II or AX8, or most of their release can atest to that. They have grown a bit, and learned to handle the process a little bit better over the years, but they only have the resources that they have and no more.

I can only imagine the capital these guys outlayed to fund axe fx 3 research, development and fabrication. This is a small private company that has every incentive to take our money as soon as possible. Our interests are firmly aligned.

I too am relatively new to Fractal but in my limited time they have shown me that they are a well run organization. I would bet that you will not regret your decision once you have the unit.

That being said I share your anticipation and fear for how long it may be.

Anyone contacted? When did you get on the wait list? ... A bunch of chatty kathies around here ...
I got on the waitlist only recently; March 2nd. From most of the chat on here, because I am new to the game, I'm assuming my wait will be quite lengthy. If my wife wasn't expecting, I would consider paying the $3500 to forgo the waitlist. Though I will get in a lot of trouble if I were to do that, so alas, I must patiently await. Hahaha

I hate being in a wait list as well...but how I'm looking at it, and just me - I expect no one else to feel this way, is that this is a boutique type of dynamic with production. The wait sucks, it just does...But, when it comes down to it, I know my unit is on that line right now with some crazy, smart fella named Shelby or Fred or something else...that is busting his rear end on it BUT... I want him to take his time on MY unit when it gets to that point and... I want him to take his time on YOUR unit so that it is absolutely nailed when we receive it. It'll will get done, without a doubt, and it will make you smile...until then, I share your agony.

This was in response to an aforementioned posting, but I didn't want to place any awkwardness on it by quoting it. Fellas, we are at the forefront once again of guitar greatness. What a great time to be alive.

If they hand hundreds of them in stock, just waiting for me to buy, I'd probably be a bit wary of giving them my $2499, like "wait a minute, why isn't there a waiting list, what does everyone know that I don't?" lol

Thats just good old TGP logic.... if I can't get a pedal for 6 months, then it must be good. If its a pedal where I have to pay upfront, hear nothing from the building for 1 full year, then its must be great. FAS is way better than the "booteek" stomp box game in that they don't do any silly prepayment, and they respond to messages.

Only one notification today? Another snow storm is heading east. Might I suggest the folks at Fractal invest in some capable company SUV's (Ciff?!)! The waiting is becoming painful.

Only one notification today? Another snow storm is heading east. Might I suggest the folks at Fractal invest in some capable company SUV's (Ciff?!)! The waiting is becoming painful.

Only one person reported a notification--that doesn't mean there weren't many more. Not everyone who receives one posts here.

How does having better vehicles help Fractal in a snowstorm if UPS & Fedex aren't running?

Danny W.

Same thing happened when the II came out. Batches would go "in stock" and disappear in seconds, even at $500.00 over the waitlist price. "F5" fury was in full bloom and the forum was alive with people racing to enter their credit cards fast enough to place their orders before the units went out of stock again. It was like a shark feeding frenzy!

I guess the Ebay resell price will go down to $3200 or something. But actually. I remember that people still sold on eBay to the international market. $3500 is not much more than what the cost will end up being in EU or UK.

If the price on ebay or reverb would drop to $3200 it would be same as the expected price in EU. But shipping and especially tax and custom fees will bump up the price another $800 .... Only a desperately musician with lots of money in his wallet would go this way ....

Only one person reported a notification--that doesn't mean there weren't many more. Not everyone who receives one posts here.

How does having better vehicles help Fractal in a snowstorm if UPS & Fedex aren't running?

Danny W.
They could make it through the "white death" to the shop to build, program, burn in and whatever else is needed to get the FX's out. No hate replies needed. ...just a little patience (on my part). I am drumming my fingers on one hand and typing with the other. Multitasking!

Back
Top Bottom